Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ EM Pebbled

Article about: I was going thru my files and found this buckle which I used to own. It is (was) in the hands of a well known collecor. This is the only one I have ever encountered. Thought you all would li

Default HJ EM Pebbled

I was going thru my files and found this buckle which I used to own. It is (was) in the hands of a well known collecor. This is the only one I have ever encountered. Thought you all would like to see it. I used the Luft. for comparison.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ EM Pebbled   HJ EM Pebbled  

HJ EM Pebbled   HJ EM Pebbled  

HJ EM Pebbled   HJ EM Pebbled  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ EM Pebbled
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ EM Pebbled

Very nice and unusual buckle Bill and rare as well
    Ben

Never seen one before!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

First one I have ever seen. Thanks for posting.

?

Bill, never seen a pebbled hj buckle before, must be a super rare one to find

Thanks For Showing

Scott.

Wow....how odd! A first for me too, I think. Very nice!!
    Rob

beyond rare !!, and yours is only the other I know about...
    I have one in my collection mint with tag, I believe these to be assman prototypes.

Apart from it being pebbled, Ive never seen this type of buckle catch either!

?

The catch is commonly refered to as a crank catch and is considered hard to find. Only used by a few manufacturers according to Thomas Reids book, German Belt Buckles. Observed on Luftwaffe, DAF and Hitler Youth buckles.

Chad,
    et al,

When I first saw this buckle I thought is had to be a fake because I only saw the front of the buckle. I asked for more photos and when I saw a. it was a one piece buckle and b. it had the crank catch I quickly bought it. I always suspected it was Assmann made and of course a prototype. However I never had heard of a second one until you mentioned yours with an Assmann tag on it. When I showed oit to a few collecor fiends they were unable to explain it either. When i sold my TR collection a number of years ago this buckle along with many others went to one well known collector. You are certtainly correct in your statement "that it is beyond rare".

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast