Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ gold plating

Article about: Friends, how much do you believe the gold plating? Or is it post-war art ?

I have with various occasions "ventilated" my thoughts about these so-called
    "golden" HJ-buckles. They are not whatsoever for the naval-HJ, nor according
    to any regulation. For what reason they do exist, I have no (final) clue!

But maybe I do have an explanation for this "gold". Buckles often were covered with
    Zapon, which is a sort of lacquer. After a longtime period of many, many years this
    coating turns out to give it a yellowish shade.
    This and more information was discussed in the seventies, during a series of visits by
    me at the Overhoff-concern at Lüdenscheid, with some employees. Lots of my other
    questions were also revealed then! If this explanation is the reason for the "gold" we
    will never know, but it looks anyway as what was shown too me.

A real golden coating would have looked totally different onto an aluminum or
    light-weight metal (Leichtmetall) buckle. I have seen products anodized (goldfarbig
    eloxiert
    ) after the war - in the mid-seventies - on my request. Their look was "real gold",
    I can assure you. The reason this was done was to know if I could see a difference between
    golden anodizing as before or after the war.
    There was not difference at all. This and some other reason were the reasons for breaking up
    my collection, as I did not want to pay for a so-called generals buckle, which I myself could
    have golden anodized for hardly no money. But, as I mentioned before. If the material is
    not of the correct structure, the "golden anodizing" can turn out to give it a rusty look!
    Even goldpainted buckles, covered with Zapon look golden!!

Just a short while ago I did find back some of the notes then made in the sevtnies. I even
    was not aware I still had them.......

HJ gold plating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ gold plating
    P
    Many

Thanks for your reply Wilhelm Saris.
    My opinion is that these buckles are more negative in originality, than plus.
    The opinion of more experienced colleagues will be important for the rest of the community.!!!

That is very interesting Wim, very interesting fact indeed
    Ben

I think Chad said enough about these "golden" buckles!!
    His expertise and the research I have done myself, is enough for me!
    And yes zeppelin: these buckles are more negative in originality, than plus.

Default Another Gold HJ, this one Aluminum finished like an Al KM buckle.

Another Gold HJ, this one Aluminum finished like an Al KM buckle.

HJ gold plating HJ gold plating

HJ gold plating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2