Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ made from Weimar Blank?

Article about: Hello I want to do a comparison, and I need someone to post pics of a pebbled nickel weimar buckle.. front and back photos please thanks Chad

Default HJ made from Weimar Blank?

Hello
    I want to do a comparison, and I need someone to post pics of a pebbled nickel weimar buckle.. front and back photos please
    thanks
    Chad
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 04-04-2012 at 09:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ made from Weimar Blank?
    P
    Many

Default Re: can someone please post pics of a pebbled weimar nickel buckle

I cannot help, but I take it we are talking a Reichswehr buckle?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Chad, is this any good for you?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ made from Weimar Blank?   HJ made from Weimar Blank?  

HJ made from Weimar Blank?   HJ made from Weimar Blank?  

Ben

perfect.. I will post pics for comparison shortly!!
    I think you will like them

HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?here is a very interesting HJ , being that it is an unmarked nickel buckle, this dates it to 33-34 as markings started via the rzm in 34 .. The eagle design is a known pattern (Freidrich Linden)
    It is my belief that a weimar reichswher buckle blank was used to make this buckle.. it could have been an employee mistake, or it could have been to use up an existing stock of buckle blanks to save on cost.. this is the only one I have ever encountered or heard about..

Quote by Chad William View Post
    HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?HJ made from Weimar Blank?here is a very interesting HJ , being that it is an unmarked nickel buckle, this dates it to 33-34 as markings started via the rzm in 34 .. The eagle design is a known pattern (Freidrich Linden)
    It is my belief that a weimar reichswher buckle blank was used to make this buckle.. it could have been an employee mistake, or it could have been to use up an existing stock of buckle blanks to save on cost.. this is the only one I have ever encountered or heard about..
    Hello ,

when i look on the foto ,in my opinion the peppeling is positiv like normaly on a buckle frontside ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Default Re: HJ made from Weimar Blank?

yes the pebbling is positive like the front of a buckle.. I wonder how this thing came to be.. wish I could go back in time for questions like this
    I also have a very strange buckle which was a DJ that was put back in the press and re stamped as an HJ.. but you can still see the silhouette of the rune on both sides

Very interesting buckle Chad! I wonder how they would have removed the front pebbling? Some form of grinding perhaps? Looks like a lot more work in order to use up old box stock?
    Awesome buckle....looks very cool!

Rob

?

Chad

A really interesting buckle! One does find RW buckles that don't have the pebbling impression on the reverse. So they just used the originally intended reverse side for the obverse, and no extra work.

Kind regards, Kurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ made from Weimar Blank?   HJ made from Weimar Blank?  

?

Interesting buckle.

Quote by Chad William View Post
    I also have a very strange buckle which was a DJ that was put back in the press and re stamped as an HJ.. but you can still see the silhouette of the rune on both sides
    Lets see that one