Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??

Article about: Is this buckle a fake? I think it may be because even through the thick corrosion I can't really see any manufacturing marks. However, there are what appears to be two circle marks but nothi

Default HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??

Is this buckle a fake? I think it may be because even through the thick corrosion I can't really see any manufacturing marks. However, there are what appears to be two circle marks but nothing that I could say looks like an original example from other threads.

Casey ~

HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??
    P
    Many

Casey, from the pics looks ok, have you got a full rear picture please? The eagle is quite distinct and the lads that collect these will probably give you a maker fairly quickly, have a trawl through the HJ makers thread and compare the eagles, I have not the time at the mo.

Cheers
    Ben

?

As Ben comments, a nice close-up photo of the back of the buckle would be helpful. Looks like an M4/27 - Overhoff & Cie. Look at the 2nd buckle in Post #5 in the HJ maker thread:

H J Makers

?

Quote by weller View Post
    As Ben comments, a nice close-up photo of the back of the buckle would be helpful. Looks like an M4/27 - Overhoff & Cie. Look at the 2nd buckle in Post #5 in the HJ maker thread:

H J Makers
    Here is a photo from Post #5
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake?? 

?

I tend to agree with Weller... O.L.C.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Here is another example. But these ears are straight.. ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??   HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??  

I'll get a photo of the full back for everyone to view. How should I best clean the buckle up so it does not rust further?

Casey ~

?

Quote by cjmpaintings View Post
    I'll get a photo of the full back for everyone to view. How should I best clean the buckle up so it does not rust further?

Casey ~
    Casey... I personally would leave it "AS IS"... It adds to the provenance and value.. As coin collectors do not clean their coins.. I would highly recommend not to delve into this process... JMO of course.. Nice find !!

Here are two better photos.

Casey ~

HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??HJ Members Belt Buckle - fake??

?

Casey, the buckle looks fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast