Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ - RZM 17 Assmann

Article about: The postman brought this HJ buckle earlier today. I believe this is a "transitional" Assmann? What is the significance of the RZM 17 marking? In nice condition Jeff

?

Default HJ - RZM 17 Assmann

The postman brought this HJ buckle earlier today. I believe this is a "transitional" Assmann? What is the significance of the RZM 17 marking?
    In nice condition

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ - RZM 17 Assmann   HJ - RZM 17 Assmann  

HJ - RZM 17 Assmann   HJ - RZM 17 Assmann  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ - RZM 17 Assmann
    P
    Many

?

That's another nice one, Jeff. 17 is Assman's M1 code.

?

You nailed it Erno! I looked at the M1 RZM index and there it is...

?

Quote by weller View Post
    You nailed it Erno! I looked at the M1 RZM index and there it is...
    There seems to have been a lot of confusion among the manufacturers regarding RZM codes, especially on HJ buckles! Some (even later steel-based ones) use the M5 codes, so it's not something that only happened in the early days.

?

I've seen a few of those M5 codes around, will pick up one eventually.

?

Quote by weller View Post
    I've seen a few of those M5 codes around, will pick up one eventually.
    I'd like one of those as well. They can be found in really nice condition for pretty low prices. I think that perhaps a lot of them were discovered postwar as factory stock. My only HJ buckles currently are an HJ/DJ conversion and an early nickel buckle Dr. Franke. I'd really like to get one of the mint ones from Julius Kremp, but those aren't easy to find for sale.

?

Nice buckle. You will find repos marked like this but it is under the prong bar.

Very nice buckle Jeff and in very good condition
    Ben

Hi All,

I believe this was one of the more widely-produced early Assmann-marked nickel HJs although David or Chad might correct me on that. I have always really liked this buckle's quite extensive, thorough set of markings. You can find the painted steel fake that Kirby mentioned in the rogues gallery.

Attached is another early nickel Assmann variant with the UE/Uniformen Effekten marking (*usually* correlating with the M5 code numbers) as well an example of one of the aforementioned RZM M5 marked KuQ HJs...this one being the die-struck zinc variant.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ - RZM 17 Assmann   HJ - RZM 17 Assmann