Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ with strange tag

Article about: Hi All! Would like to hear your opinions about this tag! I know these particular tags from party related cloth items, but is there a chance that a buckle came originally with such a paper ta

Default Re: HJ with strange tag

Great example David! Looks cool!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ with strange tag
    P
    Many

here are my odd tags as shown by Guido and David... the clincher for me is the last one shown .. this buckle is by Klein & Quenzer they marked their buckles M5/275 .. the little paper tag is M4/115 which is their M4 makers code
    after looking at the amount of these that I hold, and looking at the spread of the serial numbers..
    it may be that the company supplying the normal RZM tags ran out and issued these non regulation tags to the makers to use in the interim. every buckle that I have come across that these are affixed to is unissued and I have never found one affixed to a repro (both good signs.. I know that the red flags and bells go off when something new and out of the norm is seen... but this is just a manufacturing shortage in my opinion plain and simple.
    I have no doubt in my mind that these are period and correct.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ with strange tag   HJ with strange tag  

HJ with strange tag   HJ with strange tag  

here is an additional buckle I just found with an odd tag.. only a few hundred numbers off from the other Dr. Frank with an odd tag.
    Maker is M4/23 Dr. Frank and Co
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ with strange tag   HJ with strange tag  

?

Many thanks for all the replies!

I think we have a super reference thread now about odd tags on HJ buckles and the main base is of course Chads huge selection of tagged HJ's!

Chad, your explanation sounds very logical and I tend to think in the same direction! Either just a simple error by the maker or a RZM tolerated usage of A4-tags due to the lack of M4-tags.

Maybe still worth to note: Nearly all examples shown came in blue printed A4-tags and I learned recently that these were normally used on party or SA related cloth items. The colour red is for the Hitlerjugend.

Regards,
    Guido

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2