Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Late HJ buckle

Article about: by Ben Evans Next time I go to Crief Mr Warren I might just have to pop in and admire your ever growing collection (maybe bring a single malt with me, wife can drive lol) You should do that.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Next time I go to Crief Mr Warren I might just have to pop in and admire your ever growing collection (maybe bring a single malt with me, wife can drive lol)
    You should do that... I've just got a few more in from a "source", a HJ M4/24 Zinc with pressed paper ersaz belt, a Senior Forestry Leader brocade, Naval Admin brocade, (both minus catches) and a denaz heer die struck ally which is a rare maker K&N, Kurbi & Niggeloh, 37 dated on tab...

Collection is coming along, 65 with another two arriving tomorrow...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late HJ buckle
    P
    Many

Really don't mean to be any sort of killjoy here, guys but (at least in the U.S.) these late war zinc/kriegsmetall HJs (especially by Overhoff & Friedrich Linden) seem fairly common. Some in good condition and with nice detail but a majority seeming to have a rather lackluster look. If I am remembering correctly, the zinc tends to absorb the factory finish over time and depending on climate and storage.

From my survey of the current koppelschlöss market, average selling price on American auction sites is more like $65-$70 tops. Again, maybe a difference of geography & supply, however this also appears to me to hold true on the WAF estand. Of course the exceptions to this are the two die-stamped variants by KuQ & W. Redo and also a scarce (and for me elusive) cast prong variant that is perhaps unique to Overhoff or possibly Linden...a question for which our friend Chad would have an answer.

Again, just my humble 2 cents, boys and hopefully I haven't lost my place at the single malt muster. (Macallan 18 for me!)

Best,
    Adam

Definitely not lost your place at the Malt Muster... although a Scot, I'm more a bourbon sort of guy.

I think the problem we have in the UK is that we just don't have the amount or quality of militaria. Our guys were discouraged from bringing back souvenirs, whereas our American cousins almost seemed to be encouraged.

Prices are way different over here, we tend to pay in pounds what you pay is dollars....

Well I've put it up for sale here, lets see what happens.....

Hard to get hold of in the UK Adam I think the US guys raped Europe after WW2 and took it all back home to the states
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2