Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103

Article about: Hi, guys. Here are images of my latest nickel HJ which is marked M4/103 for Rudolf Schanes, Wien. I personally find this buckle quite interesting and had never seen this maker before. After

Default Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103

Hi, guys.

Here are images of my latest nickel HJ which is marked M4/103 for Rudolf Schanes, Wien. I personally find this buckle quite interesting and had never seen this maker before. After sharing this with Chad who also holds an example, it would appear a scarcely encountered buckle and this makes only the third he has seen.

Apart from not having encountered this maker before (albeit in my limited experience) this HJ also strikes me as interesting by the appearance of the RZM mark and the fact that it is inverted from how I believe it is more commonly seen. The brass pin shroud and brazed prongs along with the ears on this buckle also strike me as a little different.

Of course, any and all thoughts and comments on this one are welcome and appreciated.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103   Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103  

Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103   Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103
    P
    Many

Default Re: Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103

Adam, top buckle in my eyes and a first for me, would you mind if I used this buckle to put in the M4 makers list please? It will be another maker to add to the list?

Thanks
    Ben

Of course, Ben...you're more than welcome

Many thanks Adam
    Ben

Killer buckle! I absolutely love it! Congrats on adding this one to your collection! Looks super cool!!

Rob

?

Adam, to say it in the words of my previous speakers:

But I really would like to see a side view of the buckle from the fold over parts. I find the way how they have treated the ears very interesting.

Best,
    Guido

Thanks for the replies, guys. Per Guido's request, here are a few more photos highlighting the treatment of the ears on this buckle. I too find the ears on this one quite interesting

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103   Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103  

Latest HJ Buckle, RZM M4/103  

?

Many thanks for showing the side views of your buckle, Adam.

I hoped that there would be similarities to some other unmarked buckles out of my collection, but this is unfortunately not applicable.

However, your buckle is a very desirable piece!

Best,
    Guido

I totally agree that this is a very interesting and possibly, quite important HJ buckle.

How strange that we have a half hearted closing of the buckle by the quite odd ears and the old style of pin, pin shroud and claws. What has greatly impressed myself though is the almost art deco stylisation of the RZM logo which was strictly against the held license (RZM) rules.

Great - a super HJ !

Regards,

David

Very good point about the markings David. That "sloppy" look would have raised some eyebrows for sure....possibly early RZM before things got much more controlled? Nonetheless....a killer buckle.

Cheers!

Rob