Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m4/38 in steel for review

Article about: Did the M4/38 maker produce steel HJ buckles?

Default m4/38 in steel for review

Did the M4/38 maker produce steel HJ buckles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m4/38 in steel for review   m4/38 in steel for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m4/38 in steel for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: m4/38 in steel for review

Joe, I do not recall ever seeing a steel Seiper HJ buckle? Also I am not keen on the ears, or the prongs on the buckle shown and to be honest mate my gut feeling is that it is a fake but I will have a search around and make sure
    Ben

I am having the same gut feeling for the same reasons...hope I'm wrong but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies...
    Rob

?

Searching around I am finding a lot of aluminum m4/38 buckles but I haven't found any other steel ones. The buckle looks decent but why take a risk if your not 100 sure it is good.

this buckle is an original, although in a little rough condition, this is a seldom seen buckle in painted steel. There were other makers that were far more prolific at this time that were making the majority of what we see in painted steel , notably CTD, JFS and Dr. Frank.. these three makers seemed to make a majority of the painted steel buckles..
    I have an example of this exact buckle in near mint condition, and will be happy to post it if the members would like to see it.
    thanks for sharing Chad

Many thanks Chad that is great mate and the buckle is a first for me and yes Chad if possible I for one would love to see your buckle
    Ben

Hello,

i see no red flags on this buckle but i'm also interest to see one from chad in better condition .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Well I ordered the buckle and will get a closer look soon. Still a little concerned though after reading in my Nash Book page 305 about some recent steel repros with short ears.

Got the buckle and it looks a bit rough; does not look to have been painted. Here are some more pics. no flash.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m4/38 in steel for review   m4/38 in steel for review  

m4/38 in steel for review   m4/38 in steel for review  

m4/38 in steel for review   m4/38 in steel for review  

At the price you paid Joe, not a bad buckle really, and in fact it may look rough but a rare buckle in all accounts, I have never seen one!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast