Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle

Article about: I confess to using 0000 steel wool and metal polish attempting to remove or lessen the deep scratches and gouges on this "poor old thing"! ( NOT on the design - just all around it.

Default My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle

I confess to using 0000 steel wool and metal polish attempting to remove or lessen the deep scratches and gouges on this "poor old thing"! ( NOT on the design - just all around it. ) Thankfully it was CHEAP, so I figured no real loss either way; this one I also admit to occasionally wearing. As you can see it's RZM marked M 4 38 for Richard Sieper & Sohne in Ludenschied.

My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My "Used and ( Sadly ) Abused" HJ Buckle

I wouldn't use the methods you mentioned again. I believe the buckle would have been just fine before you
    "cleaned " it. As for wearing it that is up to you.

Uhh...Why are you wearing a Nazi youth buckle to begin with?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Your buckle, but too bad you 'cleaned' it, if you'll permit me to say so.

The buckle in ref to scratches is not that that bad I have seen much worse lol do you have pics of the buckle before you cleaned it?
    Ben

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Uhh...Why are you wearing a Nazi youth buckle to begin with?
    Although I'm certainly too old now to qualify as a member, and unlike the Pope, too young to actually have been one, I decided it was better in the long run to wear THIS rather than my Waffen-SS RODO, factory painted Luftwaffe, or any of the Heer ones anymore! ( But I AM old enough to think this is at best a marginal example of a common buckle that I paid a whopping $35 for. ) Ben, unfortunately I DON'T have any other photos of it, but it didn't look all that different than it does now; I DIDN'T use emery cloth, grit or sandpaper, wire brush, grinding wheel, or coarse steel wool, and NOTHING at all on the design.

If you want to wear insignia from a regime which inflicted such destruction onto the world; not to mention what horrific actions they casted upon the Jewish people, that's up to you. But please, PLEASE use an reproduction instead of an original. Therefore you are not destroying the history of your ss, luffwaffe or HJ belt buckle in such a manner which has accorded here. You can find reproductions many places for quite less than $35.