Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Jugend Buckles

Article about: Here is my unmarked NSDAP Jugend buckle:

Default NSDAP Jugend Buckles

Hello, all.

I recently picked up this (my first) example of the so called "NSDAP Jugend" buckle by Linden und Funke G.m.b.H., Iserlohn. I wanted to share it here with all of you as I think these are very interesting and perhaps a bit passed over and not given their full due. As an evolving buckle collector who has become fond of both SA's and HJ's, these buckles seem a proper and very natural bridging between types within in my collecting.

There are many great resources out there about the early NSDAP youth movements and the early linkage to the SA, including much excellent information on The Hitler Youth Forum Front Page - Front Page - Hitler Youth Forum HJ DJ BDM and JM. I must say, the Wikipedia article on the Hitler Youth also seems fairly good. As David has pointed out to me, despite many period photos of these buckles in wear, it is uncertain if these buckles were actually sanctioned by the early HJ when under charge of the SA.

In addition to any discussion which is most welcome, I thought that this might be a nice opportunity for members to post their examples of these buckles. As with their “big brother” SA counterparts, there is an array of designs with these and perhaps this will be of help for future reference.

Looking forward to any and all comments and images!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend Buckles   NSDAP Jugend Buckles  

NSDAP Jugend Buckles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Jugend Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSDAP Jugend Buckles

nice buckle there Adam...

Nice pick up Adam and maker marked by Linden & Funk nice to see, I think these buckle maker marked are hard to come by
    Ben

Nice one Adam !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you for the responses, guys Ben, it does seem that apart from this maker and as with the SA's, these are usually unmarked. I believe David holds the exact "big brother" LuF SA counterpart to this buckle.

This is the only marked NSDAP Jugend that I know of, but I do wonder if there might be other markings out there. Aside from this maker I know there are more scarcely encountered maker marks on SA's, so I guess theoretically there could be for these small Jugend counterparts as well. Perhaps I'm way off with all of this, but just speculating.

Just out of interest, I'd love to see period images that anyone might have of these buckles in wear.

Best,
    Adam

?

Here's pictures of my small NSDAP Jugend buckle - No Makers Mark, small size to fit 35mm belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Jugend Buckles   NSDAP Jugend Buckles  

Default NSDAP Jugend Buckles

Here are some more NSDAP buckles.

These buckles are no longer in my collection. If anyone recognises "their" buckle and does not want for it to be shown, please let me know and I will delete it from this thread.

I really wish that I could add something even vaguely sensible about the wear of this buckle, however like most, I know very little and what I do know is anecdotal.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast