MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Requesting Help

Article about: This was recently given to me by a colleague. We had battled in many cases over the years and during one of our trials I mentioned I collected helmets. Over the years we discussed m collecti

Default Requesting Help

This was recently given to me by a colleague. We had battled in many cases over the years and during one of our trials I mentioned I collected helmets. Over the years we discussed my collection many times. Bill retired about 3 years ago and moved to Florida. About a month ago I received an e-mail, Bill's Father-in-Law, a WWII vet who served in the ETO, had passed away. While going through his papers Bill and his wife found this buckle. The Vet rarely talked about the War, and neither Bill nor his wife even knew he had this buckle. (The Vet was in the Army Air Force, and told them that after the War he was stationed near Dachau early on during the occupation.) Anyway, Bill's wife was uncomfortable with it in the house and Bill tried to donate it to a local museum. He called and left a message but they never called back. His wife wanted it out of the house and wanted him to throw it out. He thought of me and e-mailed me to see if I would be interested. I, of course, said yes. Last week they were back in the North East and Bill and Joyce called me and asked to meet for lunch. Here it is. I think it is an early piece, which, according to Ben's list, was manufactured by Overhoff & Cie, Ludenscheid. Is this right? Can anyone tell me any thing else about it? Thank you all in advance for any insights you can share. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Requesting Help   Requesting Help  

Requesting Help   Requesting Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Requesting Help
    P
    Many

Jim, it looks like you have a very nice looking Hitler youth buckle by overhof and cie.. Smitty..

?

Lovely. I have a sister piece to it.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Yep, I agree. A very nice gift. Definately should not go in the bin!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Nice Jim! Great condition too! Just a tiny amount of wear to give it that extra character!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)