MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Yet another M4/38 Buckle - Real? My first buckle purchase!

Article about: Hello Gents, First off, thanks for all of the great info. here on belt buckles. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of buckles and the sheer amount of fakes/reproductions out there! I'm try

Default Yet another M4/38 Buckle - Real? My first buckle purchase!

Hello Gents,

First off, thanks for all of the great info. here on belt buckles. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of buckles and the sheer amount of fakes/reproductions out there! I'm trying to do my homework by studying the posts here to try and tell what's real and what isn't. I also just ordered a copy of the Nash book and I plan on picking up another book or two in the near future.

I've seen this buckle at a semi-local antique shop for awhile. After checking out this website, I took the plunge and bought it - my first buckle. What do you think? With the wear on it and the look of the prongs and ear, I think it is real.

Yet another M4/38 Buckle - Real?  My first buckle purchase!Yet another M4/38 Buckle - Real?  My first buckle purchase!

I have my eye on an unmarked, pebble finish army enlisted man's buckle next. Better get to looking at more photos.

Thanks for looking!

-Derek

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Yet another M4/38 Buckle - Real?  My first buckle purchase!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This looks fine to me but wait for those "in the know".

My advice however is to post before you buy (hint: the one you have your eye on). That said, I commend you for doing your research first. The correct approach!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quite worn but looks honest!....

Hi guys, sorry been away, buckle is fine, worn but a nice original
    Ben

Thanks gents, I appreciate the help.

My Nash book arrived a few days ago and so I'm pouring over it now to learn an much as I can along with this forum.

Best from Texas -

-Derek

Both the Nash and Angolia books are very good but do have incorrect info in them, you will find the most up date information on buckles on forums
    Ben