Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle

Article about: Hi Guys, Just picked up this non maker marked aluminium Luftwaffe OR's buckle, it weighs 23 gramms, 65mm in length & 38mm in width. Having done some research here, would I be correct in

Default Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle

Hi Guys,
    Just picked up this non maker marked aluminium Luftwaffe OR's buckle, it weighs 23 gramms, 65mm in length & 38mm in width. Having done some research here, would I be correct in assuming it is by the maker Dransfield ? There are a couple of details that stand out:
    1 when viewed from the reverse, the catch has a rough finish on it's lower, inner, side
    2 when viewed from the front the tip of the right wing appears to have been filed
    Wondered the experts point of view on these observations, all in though, there seems to be plenty of dust & dirt that's been picked up over the years !
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle   Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle  

Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle   Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle  

Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle   Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle  

Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminium Luftwaffe OR's Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

Paul

Nice original buckle, with the smooth rear on the buckle it is more than likely been made by Dransfeld or one of the Menden makers

Cheers

Ben
    Ben

Thanks for your help Ben, much appreciated mate ! Been after an early Luftwaffe for a while now, this ticked all the boxes for me.......finally got there ! I guess all local buckle makers 'bounced' off other, in terms of manufacturing ideas, makes sense.
    Regards
    Paul