Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

Article about: I have borrowed this photo of Markus' droop tail crank catch buckle. Compare to the others shown. We now have three different dies.... I love stuff like this.

Default Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

Need help with this one, crank style catch, tab is marked but hard to read, awunbuch nache? 1935, I read that Cristian Theodor Dicke was the primary maker of this type catch? If this isnt the right place to post this you can move it since Im not sure.Thanks
    Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this oneCrank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this oneCrank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this oneCrank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help on this one

Moved it for you into the main Luft thread, with the pebbled rear I would say this is an Assmann buckle with a crank catch like that, is it nickel?
    Ben

It is very light, I believe aluminum, not sure.

?

The stamp reads...A. WUNDERLICH NACHFOLGER....Fabrik fur Heeres,Polizei und Feuerwehr-Ausrustungen, Berlin und Neukolln, Finowstrasse....1892-1945, also used code jba.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

That would be the leather maker, they did not make the buckle
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    That would be the leather maker, they did not make the buckle
    Like Ben has mentioned, the markings on the leather for this kind of buckle mostly refer to the leather maker and not to the buckle maker.
    IMO there were diffrent makers for the crank catch.
    Assmann was one of them and this one, like Ben has told, could be an Assmann.
    Cordial regards

Rudi

?

I thought Maximus71 might like to know what the stamp was,I never said that was who made the buckle.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

You're right of course.
    I've only confirmed Ben's theory.

Here is mine: the maker of the leather tab is "Max Koberstein, Landsberg / Warth 1935"

Clearly the manufacturers were selling the buckles to leather work makers who then retailed the finished product.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one   Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one  

Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

I have my buckle is front of me now. It is clearly made from a DIFFERENT die. Just look at the eagles wing feather detail.

I think we need to examine these crank catch buckles in more detail. Clearly there is more than one maker at work here.

Interesting.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast