MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

Article about: I have borrowed this photo of Markus' droop tail crank catch buckle. Compare to the others shown. We now have three different dies.... I love stuff like this.

Default Re: Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

I have borrowed this photo of Markus' droop tail crank catch buckle.

Compare to the others shown.

We now have three different dies....

I love stuff like this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one   Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one  

Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one
    P
    Many

Default Re: Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab: Need help on this one

The three crank producers were Assmann, Dicke and H Aurich, would be nice if we had all three, another "on my to do list" lol I will start looking into this when time permits
    Ben

Thank you zwerge, I understood you were just explaining the tab maker, I am sure ben was just clearing it up because some tabs will tell who made the buckle. and wow 3 different crank catch varients, so much for thinking I had the only one lol. Would be interesting but almost impossible to pinpoint the makers for each one.
    And im still convinced Ade knows all. :-)

Default Re: Need help on this one

Hi

Even Germans have strange names.
    The English for Wunderlich=odd and for Nachfolger=successor
    So A.Odd Successor.
    Just for your info

Take care
    Rudi

Hello ,

here one more first Mod. with crank catch from an unknown maker ......

Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this oneCrank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Just my opinion but I doubt the buckles are CTD or Aurich, the crank catch is not right for them makers, here is the Aurich catch and the CTD is almost the same
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one  
    Ben

This is interesting reader from a previous thread and was posted by Wim Saris

"I always have asked myself if Assmann was indeed "the inventor" of that crank catch. With the
    registering of a special protection plate, to be fixed next to the leather tab, the concerns of
    Gebr. Gloerfeld and Julius Dinnebier from Lüdenscheid had this crank catch designed with a
    protection-request, dated October 1935 (Gebrauchsmuster Nr. 1352 183, Klasse 3c) and drawing
    numbered as P.A. 655638, dated October 3, 1935.

With order 32/35, published in the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt der Dt. Arbeitsfront" the first
    notes were published about the uniform for the Werkschar-members. The order from Ley was
    dated August 1935. This was the "about start" for purchasing this uniform. The buckle was in
    this order phrased as "Arbeitsfrontschloss". It took until February 1936 as when the uniform
    was completed: the field-cap was introduced.

The positioning of the M4-code started after a publication from March 9, 1935. Instead of the
    earlier used UE and KH codes, the M5 and M4 codes came into being (Mitteilungsblatt der RZM,
    nr. 10 from March 9, 1935). May 5, 1935 The "Mbl.d.RZM" noted that the planned uniform for
    Werkscharen was not yet decided. Manufacturing of items was at that moment not allowed
    they note. July 6, 1935 the RZM announced that the introduction for the uniform was postponed
    for the time being. Items that already were offered were not valid!

In the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM", nr 24 from August 31, 1935 it was announced that Hitler's
    deputy, so Rudolf Hess had agreed the introduction for the Werkschar-uniform. The black belt
    with buckle, still phrased as Arbeitsfrontschloss, was included. They felt under the law and
    were only allowed to be manufacturerd by concerns with an RZM-permission. In number 25 from
    September 14, 1935 the drawing for the buckle was included, then phrased as:
    DAF-Werkschar-Koppelschloss. Samples one could ask for at the RZM.

It took until December 1935 as when the full description for the buckle was published (issue 31
    from December 7, 1935. Page 333). The material described was light-weight-metals: Leichtmetallblech.
    It was noted that in fact the crank catch (Einhakbügel) was to be positioned or the belt-hook, which
    was the soldered form: Steg mit Beinchen.

So, was Assmann indeed the first concern to use the crank catch?"

"I forgot to mentioned that the material was to be stained and covered with a protection-coating,
    which is known as Zapon. Buckles with a silvered coating were in the beginning not manufactured.

The use of the shoulder-belt was announced January 1937 (order 1/37). The "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt
    der Dt. Arbeitsfront" from April 21, 1937 noted the use of the 4.5 cm wide black belt with silver-
    colored Werkscharschloss. Leading persons were to wear 6.0 cm wide belts with a double-claw in silver
    for those wearing silver distinctives and golden for those with golden destinctives. It is obvious from the
    functions that an Ortsobmann (Oberstwerkscharführer) and the Betriebsobmann (Betriebswerkscharführer)
    may started wearing the golden anodized rectangular buckle instead of the double-claw."
    Ben

Hello Ben,

i think we can not tell that the catches on steel buckles or Aluminium buckles where the same ?
    Last edited by yellow12; 12-20-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello Ben,

i think we can not tell that the catches on stell buckles or Aluminium buckles where the same ?
    Could be markus, could be not, I am going by the characteristics of the makers, if you look on this examples from the first post it seems like the catch is slightly raised, very similar to the nickel HJ caych by Assmann. There are other threads on here with crank catches that have Seiper markings! So did Seiper also get in on the act or was he supplied by someone else!
    Attached Images Attached Images Crank catch Droop tail with leather makers tab:  Need help on this one 
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2