Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?

Article about: Hi Guys & Ladies, Please give me your opinion on this buckle. The front looks very new but the prongs are rusty. These are the best pictures I have. I am looking for your input. You guys

Quote by kirby View Post
    With a quick search I found four crank catch Luftwaffe priced at $165-185.

thanks for the info. that is still more than I wish to spend although this buckle looks very nice.

William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?
    P
    Many

Quote by kirby View Post
    With a quick search I found four crank catch Luftwaffe priced at $165-185.
    Kirby,

Where did you see those? I would like to have a look.

William

?

Just do a goggle search for crank catch Luftwaffe and check out the dealers that pop up. These aren't hard to find in worn condition. One in excellent to mint condition is hard to find.

I have finally gotten some more pictures and better pictures of this buckle. I would appreciate your continued advice. I am sorry several of the pictures are turned 90 degrees. I have tried to rotate them but can not do it for this post.

He is asking $200. What would you offer?

William

Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?
    Attached Images Attached Images Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic? 

?

In my opinion, the resale value on a dealer's site would be no more than about $150 in this condition.

Condition is not great at the end of the day how bad do you want it?
    Ben

It is a unique buckle that I do not have. I do not have to have it. If someone told me it would be a good deal at $125 I would offer that and no more. I have always tried to follow the advice of this forum and I have been very fortunate in my purchases. Someone pointed me to several sites that listed them from $150 - $200. I would never pay $200. It does not sound like you are suggesting even $150. I would like to make an offer that is fair and a good deal for me. I do not want to over pay. I do not need it that bad to over pay. I trust you guys.

Thanks,

William

William my take on buckles is what I need for my collection, in reality for me with this buckle I would offer him $100 and if he did not take it I would leave and wait for a better one, but that is what I like. Another example is this Carl Balmberger buckle, I paid $250 for it, the physical appearance of the buckle it was not really worth it but to me who at that time collected Heer buckles it was a one off, I bought this one and I have never seen another since. Hope all this makes sense
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?   Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?  

Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?   Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?  

Ben

Thank You Ben. I would be very pleased to get this buckle for $100. I will contact the seller.

Please, others on this site keep writing and giving opinions.

Thanks,

William

?

I agree with Ben regarding the price. I think a dealer would ask around $150 for it because of the crank catch, but $100 is a realistic estimate. Dealers always like to charge extra for anything unusual, even if it doesn't really add to the value.

I've recently decided to buy only mint/unissued or extremely unusual buckles. That is because I found myself being unsatisfied with the worn buckles in my collection, to the point that I sold almost all of them. However, some people really prefer the worn and used ones, because they feel that it adds historical interest. The most important thing, as with any sort of collection, is to buy what you are happy with the first time. In other words, when you settle on something, you will eventually become unsettled with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast