Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?

Article about: Hi Guys & Ladies, Please give me your opinion on this buckle. The front looks very new but the prongs are rusty. These are the best pictures I have. I am looking for your input. You guys

?

A $100 would be a good price or wait for a nicer one. I sold a nicer one a couple of years ago to a forum member for $100, but he bought a bunch of buckles. I saw him recently sell it on Estand for around $125. I gave him a good price and he gave someone else a good deal. One will pop up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Droop Tail Buckle - Is it authentic?
    P
    Many

Thank you Kirby & Erno. I really do appreciate your advice and help. I am not really looking for a crank catch Luftwaffe but it popped up on Craigslist and caught my fancy. I like posting things here a getting the feedback from members. Now I am a little invested in this buckle and would like to have it. I do not know where else to look for buckles as such. When I was looking for a DD Luftwaffe helmet Doug pointed me to a great deal. If you can point me to a good deal on a crank catch Luftwaffe I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bill

I will look around Bill, if you want some links to sites send me an email or pm and I will pass some on for your perusal
    Ben

I have been looking at several other sites with crank catch droop tail Luftwaffes. What is it about this buckle I have posted that does not look good to you? The eagle on this one does not look very worn at all and the others I see are very worn. I am just curious.

Thanks,

William

?

Hi William,
    Here is a very nice 1st pattern droop-tail in very nice condition. This buckle has been listed at this site for sometime, so maybe email the seller and make an offer. Or, hit 'add to cart' and it's all yours!

World War Relics

Cheers,
    Jeff

Ben, Kirby, Ero,

What do you think of the buckle Jeff brought to my attention above? What might be a good offer on this one?

Thanks,

William

- - ------- - -

Quote by weller View Post
    Hi William,
    Here is a very nice 1st pattern droop-tail in very nice condition. This buckle has been listed at this site for sometime, so maybe email the seller and make an offer. Or, hit 'add to cart' and it's all yours!

World War Relics*

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Thanks Jeff

?

I would probably pay about $125 for the first pattern Luftwaffe buckle above, but my prices are usually a bit lower than average, because I'm as cheap as a day old hoagie. $140 would be an alright price for that, in my opinion.

Personally, I'd go for that steel Assmann Luftwaffe. If you could get that one for $150, you'd be doing really well.

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Ben, Kirby, Ero,

What do you think of the buckle Jeff brought to my attention above? What might be a good offer on this one?

Thanks,

William

- - ------- - -

Thanks Jeff
    I actually like that one better to be honest, nice Assmann buckle, you can still see the silver wash on the buckle, if you can get it for $150 then brilliant but if you like it $175 is not a bank breaker for this buckle
    Ben

Let me get this straight.

Erno: You would go $125 for the buckle I first posted but $140 is not bad. You would go $150 for the "World War Relics" which you called steel but I believe it is aluminum. Correct?

Ben: Yo like the second buckle "World War Relics" Assmann aluminum for $150? Correct?

I appreciate all of your responses and opinions.

William

William again its all down to personal preference, any item whatever it is is only worth what any individual is willing to pay for it
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast