Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Droop tail luftwaffe buckle

Article about: a few pics of my new buckle came with a nice belt marked HEINRICH SOHN dated 1939. No makers marks on the buckle tho. Hope you enjoy the pics and look forward to any info you may have to add

Can you post pics of the crank catch buckes from this forum with brass prongs and prong sleeve please?
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Droop tail luftwaffe buckle
    P
    Many

?

Sorry it should have read as early luft with brass prongs not crank catch specific. Any thoughts on the maker of the buckle.

There are other early buckles with brass on but I have never seen a crank catch with them maker could be Assmann but there are other makers who also did crank catches, I am at wiork at mo so will have a look later for you
    Ben

?

That would be great if you could look into putting a maker to the buckle. A member on this forum yellow12 , has posted a buckle on a different thread a lot less worn and without the brass prongs and sleeve again without makers marks, but looks to be the same maker going by the laurel leaf design and position of the berries.

I will post some buckles for comparison for as as and when I find them, this is a crank catch DAF buckle by Assmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Droop tail luftwaffe buckle   Droop tail luftwaffe buckle  

Ben

?

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me, the Assman one you posted looks to have a similar catch .

?
    Last edited by busman; 10-30-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Extra info

?

Interesting buckle Busman. Any chance you could post some photos of the belt as well?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2