Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early 1936 Luft with tab markings

Article about: droop tail luftwaffe with leather tab marked Berg&Nolte 1936. Tab also has markings on back that I am having some trouble figuring out. Upper area has "sch./" and then I can ma

Default Early 1936 Luft with tab markings

droop tail luftwaffe with leather tab marked Berg&Nolte 1936. Tab also has markings on back that I am having some trouble figuring out. Upper area has "sch./" and then I can make out maybe an A and an R further along the tab. The lower area has "Fl.H.L (I think it is an L) and then further along there is a "39". I didnt have a first pattern Luftwaffe buckle and purchased from a dealer this weekend.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early 1936 Luft with tab markings   Early 1936 Luft with tab markings  

Early 1936 Luft with tab markings   Early 1936 Luft with tab markings  

Early 1936 Luft with tab markings   Early 1936 Luft with tab markings  

Early 1936 Luft with tab markings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early 1936 Luft with tab markings
    P
    Many

The Fl.H stands for Fliegerhorst. The L will be the actual airfield.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katego...fe_(Wehrmacht)

The markings above this are another unit marking, but I cannot make them out.

Nice buckle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

You have to like the unit marked stuff.👍

Hello,

a very nice early lufty
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

early ones are getting hard to find now.

?

I would disagree that these are hard to find . Excellent to mint condition early Luftwaffe buckles are scarce but the worn ones are common.

There was one at an antique shop we frequent once or twice a year but it was worn and missing prongs so I held off buying; glad I did as this one was only about $25 dols more and had the leather tab. I did not see the unit markings on tab until after i got home with it.
    Joe
    Quote by kirby View Post
    I would disagree that these are hard to find . Excellent to mint condition early Luftwaffe buckles are scarce but the worn ones are common.

?

Good thing you waited. I wouldn't buy a buckle with missing parts unless it was rare or super cheap.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Good thing you waited. I wouldn't buy a buckle with missing parts unless it was rare or super cheap.
    I have actually purchased a few buckles that were in great shape on the outside.. ( Face ) but lacking a prong.
    I believe that sometimes a specimen in hand is better than naught.. Besides... Most people that view my collection don't have a clue what O.L.C. Vs. F.K.O. ect; ect; is... I can allways upgrade if the item comes along.
    Just my way of collecting... G-Man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Everyone has their own style of collecting. I would buy a buckle with missing prongs or a broken catch, It just needs to be a very good deal or something rare. I bought a good but ground dug DRK flat back a few years ago. It filled a hole tell I nice one came along. I saw a very nice nickel SS o&c at the SOS. It was a slight variation of the markings but it was missing the prong bar. The dealer wanted $400. That just wasn't a good enough deal..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast