Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

F.R. 38 Luft Buckle and Belt

Article about: Saw this at a show today. Didn't buy it but took some pictures. I am not familiar with this manufacturer. Any help? Common? Overall the brown belt is in nice shape and named. Buckle as you c

MAP
    ?

Default F.R. 38 Luft Buckle and Belt

Saw this at a show today. Didn't buy it but took some pictures.

I am not familiar with this manufacturer. Any help? Common?

Overall the brown belt is in nice shape and named.

Buckle as you can see is quite worn

Regards,

Michael

F.R. 38 Luft Buckle and BeltF.R. 38 Luft Buckle and BeltF.R. 38 Luft Buckle and BeltF.R. 38 Luft Buckle and BeltF.R. 38 Luft Buckle and Belt
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.R. 38 Luft Buckle and Belt
    P
    Many

Michael, buckle maker is Franz Reischauer, Oberstein
    Ben

?

Not a bad looking buckle... Pricewise what was the seller asking ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

He was asking for $195 but negotiable. He didn't seem too sure of prices. He asked me if this was a fair price. I'm not too familiar with prices on these items either.

His forte appeared to be Japanese (of which I bought a mint gasmask for a very good price - will be posted later).

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Michael, buckle maker is Franz Reischauer, Oberstein
    Thanks Ben. Is this maker less common? And do they command a premium? I know the seller knew little of the item. It is a bit worn and as noted above his starting price was $195.

Michael

?

Wow.... That's steep IMO.... I would go about $160.00 But it was tabbed and with the (Original ?) belt... Saw one knocking about without a tab in good condition recently for $105.00... Will wait to see your new find.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Wow.... That's steep IMO.... I would go about $160.00 But it was tabbed and with the (Original ?) belt... Saw one knocking about without a tab in good condition recently for $105.00... Will wait to see your new find.. G
    Which is what I thought but he was willing to negotiate. I think he would go down to $160 or so but I wasn't too interested anyway. But as noted, I just was not familiar with the maker and didn't know if it commanded a premium.

The mask will be posted soon.

Michael

Prices are what you are willing to pay for items, I would personally not pay $195 for this buckle and belt, its not real rare maker, condition is worn, the stitching is coming away from the support tab I am thinking more $130-140, but again that is what it is worth to me, if you like it buy it
    Ben

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Prices are what you are willing to pay for items, I would personally not pay $195 for this buckle and belt, its not real rare maker, condition is worn, the stitching is coming away from the support tab I am thinking more $130-140, but again that is what it is worth to me, if you like it buy it
    Thanks Ben. I wasn't really interested in purchasing. I just was interested to learn who the maker was and if it was unique. Now if it turned out to be something unique I might have given it a second thought.

Thanks for the help!

Michael

Always welcome mate
    Ben