Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?

Article about: Hello,

Default Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?

This belt was found among my inlaws things after my father-in-law passed and we were downsizing my mother-in-law's home. No one knows who it came from. I cannot find any markings on the back of the buckle, but the buckle is partially obstructed by the belt. The belt has 1942 and 1943 embossed in different places (2 different parts of leather). There is also an oval embossing on the leather, and most of it I can't make out, but part of the bottom reads "Ludens..." Can anyone tell me if this is real, and if so, any history and value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?   Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?

Hello Michele,
    This is genuine Luftwaffe set. I can't tell you the maker of the buckle, some will do it for sure, but according to what you wrote, it was made in Ludenschied, home of numerous makers. The belt is a middle to late war example, without tongue, with holes made directly thru the belt. This set is in perfect condition.
    Could you tell me if the paint applied to the hook on the belt is olive green or grey-blue (like the buckle)
    Thanks in advance
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The paint on the hook is olive colored. Thanks so much for the info!

Both belt and buckle are genuine the belt is a later war M44, any chance of better pics of both of them?
    Ben

Hello ,

the Buckle is a textbook Assmann . That must realy be stamped on the tab ..........

Here another example to compare :

Germinal Belt from 1942--is this real or a reproduction?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I tried to take closer pics of the tab, but they didn't come out clearly. Anything in particular you want to see that isn't in the pics I posted?

There is no stamp on the tab that reads Assmann. I found this link on Ebay to a sold belt that completely matches mine:
    Original 1941 German WWII Luftwaffe Belt Buckle with Leather Excellent | eBay
    Thank you all for the info.

If that is the case then your buckle is made by Assmann & Cie Ludenscheid
    Ben

Hello,

in this way it calls F.W.Assmann&Söhne Lüdenscheid
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

The picture in Markus' post did not show up when I first read his post, but when I just went back in, I can see it, and that is exactly what mine looks like. I could not read the top line of the oval, but knowing what I am looking for now, I can see that it says what it says in the pic. We have someone in the in-laws family who majored in German and loves everything about Germany. She's gonna love this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast