Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41

Article about: Hello All, not being a buckle collector this chap landed in my letter box today. After a little research I believe it to be an original item. An original GB - Gustav Brehmer and dated under

Default Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41

Hello All,
    not being a buckle collector this chap landed in my letter box today.

After a little research I believe it to be an original item.
    An original GB - Gustav Brehmer and dated under the roller bar with a 41 stamp...although this picture didn't come out that well.

From what I have read these buckles either blue or silver came with different colour webbing tabs.
    I am quite sure the one I have is a silver coloured one which should have a white tab?

Apart from some oxidisation it doesn't look too bad to me.

Any opinions or info would be appreciated

All the best
    Doug

Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gustav brehmer steel buckle gb 41
    P
    Many

?

Doug, Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen M4/60.. Perhaps Ben or others can assist you as to the authenticity of this piece. It looks good IMO... Good Luck.... Gwar
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks Gwar.
    It does look like a near perfect pebble match with the other original examples that I have found
    All the best
    Doug

Original buckle by Brehmer, I just cannot make out whats going on with the body of the buckle, on the rear is is dirty, has the paint bubbled? Looks a bit strange thats all
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Original buckle by Brehmer, I just cannot make out whats going on with the body of the buckle, on the rear is is dirty, has the paint bubbled? Looks a bit strange thats all
    Ben, I agree... I was hesitant at first as well.. For a tabbed buckle ?? At one point ?? One may assume that the "41" may have been spared a bit better than the actual "GB" MM... JMO of course... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Nice buckle Doug, I have a couple of Luftwaffe second pattern my self, would actually say three if the one I bought had not resulted to be a fake one, that s life and the reason I love this Forum, Regards, Juan

Thank you all for the additional input.
    I think that the buckle has just been badly stored Ben.
    The silver lacquer has begun to lift all over the buckle. I can only assume the rust creep has lifted the paint from below.
    The 41 stamp actually looks a lot clearer in hand.

All the best
    Doug

Thanks Doug, makes sense now is what you have said, explains the condition of the buckle
    Ben

Hi Ben

I'm back.
    This buckle was silver washed , I think.
    By the way, I hope you're well.
    Take care

Rudi
    www.ardennes44.com