Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luft Buckle - Maker ?

Article about: Not mine and on the pricey side, but is for sale. Can't seem to match the maker mark to the list on the makers thread here, and the Angolia book has one like it but the maker is not stated.

?

Default Luft Buckle - Maker ?

Not mine and on the pricey side, but is for sale. Can't seem to match the maker mark to the list on the makers thread here, and the Angolia book has one like it but the maker is not stated. Any ideas on this nice buckle?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Buckle - Maker ?   Luft Buckle - Maker ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Buckle - Maker ?
    P
    Many

The buckle is a fake, single fixing pin like that and the reverse OLT prongs, can you put it in the fake Luft thread please?
    Ben

?

Interesting Ben, and thanks for the quick response. This buckle is listed on the website of one of the big dogs in the collecting hobby.

Who is listing it? Also remember not all dealers know everything, especially the molded SS fakes, but this is a blatant fake unless they have looked in the Angolia book but it is a fake
    Ben

?

Here is the Angolia reference pic I found, looks like the same maker mark and it is single rivet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Buckle - Maker ?  

There are several errors in both the Angolia and Nash book, however the buckle is still a fake L(
    Ben

?

Good to know these books are not the be-all end-all, and to check if not sure...

They are both fantastic books and a must to be honest, but as stated there are some errors
    Ben

?

Having just restarted militaria collecting in Jan-14 when I discovered this forum (bank account is taking a pounding), I have learned a lot in just 4 months. This buckle example reminds me of a conversation I had yesterday at a local army surplus store where I had picked up a few American items over the years. Asked the owner if he had any WWII German pieces, he quickly said 'nope, way too many fakes out there for me to keep up with'. To be sure, no one wants a fake, but perhaps that's what makes finding a "good one" so interesting!

?

Those prongs are bad sign too, I believe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast