Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luft Buckle - Maker ?

Article about: Not mine and on the pricey side, but is for sale. Can't seem to match the maker mark to the list on the makers thread here, and the Angolia book has one like it but the maker is not stated.

?

There is a SA buckle in the color section of Angolia's book that is a fake. I am sure he thought it was real or why put it in the color section. I sold one like it on estand,as a fake, for $20. I later saw the dealer I sold it to list it for $175. He referenced to the Angolia book and page number in his listing. He either thought he bought an original for a fake price or he was selling a fake as original. I am not say who this was because he might have thought it was real.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Buckle - Maker ?
    P
    Many

Early Assmann buckels had similar prongs and Berge & Nolte buckles had prongs similar to this, other than that no other buckles had the OLT type prongs, here is a Berge and Nolte for example, I will find an Assmann later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Buckle - Maker ?   Luft Buckle - Maker ?  

Luft Buckle - Maker ?  
    Ben

Hi, As a matter of interest, I have seen wrong SS buckles marked "OLT" within a diamond. I was advised that they were being turned out by a UK dealer in the north west of England and he uses his initials in reverse as the manufacturer. The name is Tony L Oliver TLO or OLT in reverse.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards MR

Assmann

- - ------- - -

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, As a matter of interest, I have seen wrong SS buckles marked "OLT" within a diamond. I was advised that they were being turned out by a UK dealer in the north west of England and he uses his initials in reverse as the manufacturer. The name is Tony L Oliver TLO or OLT in reverse.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards MR
    There are the OLT fake SS buckles, very easy to spot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft Buckle - Maker ?  
    Ben

?

Sorry, Ben; I didn't notice when I made my last comment that you had already stated that the prongs are bad for this buckle.

?

Very interesting and informative guys, thanks. So far, thanks to your assistance here I've done well...but the fakes continue to amaze me. Back in the 1980's I was given a "SS Buckle" by a neighbor friend. She was Austrian, in the BDM and witnessed the annexation of Vienna in person. Her GI husband was a US Army Sergeant wounded in D-Day. She gave me the buckle for cutting her yard grass when her husband was dying of cancer. Always wondered if it was real. Page 608 of the Angolia revised edition has the exact fake, and it's an old fake. I can post the pics in the SS Fakes, but this one is now obvious.

?

I would be interested to see it!

Post it anyway, it will always refresh guys an some new guys may even learn from it
    Ben

?

Will do Erno. And BTW - I was not going to buy this Luft buckle, just could not ID the maker mark...now I know why!

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    There is a SA buckle in the color section of Angolia's book that is a fake. I am sure he thought it was real or why put it in the color section. I sold one like it on estand,as a fake, for $20. I later saw the dealer I sold it to list it for $175. He referenced to the Angolia book and page number in his listing. He either thought he bought an original for a fake price or he was selling a fake as original. I am not say who this was because he might have thought it was real.
    Hi Kirby, can you point us to the fake SA in the book, for us newbies - thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast