Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft buckle and tab opinions

Article about: Hi, I would appreciate any opinions on the originality of this Luftwaffe buckle and belt tab. It appears to have honest wear but then again the fakers are very good at simulating this. Any h

Default Luft buckle and tab opinions

Hi,

I would appreciate any opinions on the originality of this Luftwaffe buckle and belt tab. It appears to have honest wear but then again the fakers are very good at simulating this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft buckle and tab opinions   Luft buckle and tab opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft buckle and tab opinions
    P
    Many

It looks okay to me, are there any markings inside the buckle near the catch or inside the eagle, or stamps on the leather?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Brain

Buckle is fine and original, are there any marking anywhere we might get a maker or you
    Ben

There aren't any markings on the buckle itself but the belt tab is marked. It is very difficult to make out but in the center of a circle is 1938 and the bottom reads something----ERSTEIN NAHE?

-Brian

I would say Friedrich Keller, Oberstein & Nahe, they made aluminium luft buckles like these
    Ben

Here is one from the Luft makers thread that belongs to Markus, compare it to yours and see if they are similar, looks at the smooth centre area on the rear of the buckle, if not there are other makers from Oberstein
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft buckle and tab opinions   Luft buckle and tab opinions  

Ben

Here is another maker it could be, Franz Reischauer, Oberstein
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft buckle and tab opinions  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luft buckle and tab opinions  Luft buckle and tab opinions 
    Ben

its a very nice alu buckle.

Thanks for the help guys. Glad to know it's a good one. Ben, it looks more like the second example you posted, the Reischauer.

Brian

Brian

There are more makers from Oberstein, could be a number of makers but hard to tell from the pics provided, if you have a the buckle in hand it will give you a good indication as to the maker, have a look in the Luftwaffe makers thread and go through and find the Oberstein makers and have a look at the relevant buckles
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast