Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings

Article about: This interesting early droop-tail buckle and belt set arrived recently. The brown belt is different: no markings or inner tongue and the holes punched thru the leather. Buckle has LBA accept

?

Default Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings

This interesting early droop-tail buckle and belt set arrived recently. The brown belt is different: no markings or inner tongue and the holes punched thru the leather. Buckle has LBA acceptance stamp and nice unit markings and an interesting history.

I think the unit markings are as follows: Nahaufklärungsgruppe 14 (Reconnaissance Groups :: Reconnaissance aircraft units)

Related links:

Nahaufklärungsgruppe 14

Flugzeugbestand und Bewegungsmeldungen, 1./NAGr.14

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings   Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings  

Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings   Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings  

Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings   Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings  

Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe - 1936 - Dransfeld & Co w/unit markings
    P
    Many

Very nice and typical Dransfeld buckle Jeff, with the smooth back, nice belt and buckle, is the belt private purchase?
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben. Not sure myself on the belt, not like any others I have. Maybe someone else here knows.

a worn but nice one.

?

Very nice buckle, Any sign of the belt having an adjustment strap. I thought the holes being punched through the leather was a late war construction.

?

No sign of an adjustment strap that I can see. By the wear on the belt where the buckle is fitted it looks like the set has been together a long time. I paid about what a nice early buckle goes for, so the belt is a nice to have addition. I'll ask the seller/dealer if he knows more.

Jeff

?

Just took another look, think Ben's belt review is correct. There is no late-war RBN leather flap, 14 sets of punch holes and very long at 50 inches and high quality leather etc. So, an early brown private purchase belt makes sense. Again, I bought the set for the nice buckle but the belt is interesting.

Regardless Jeff still very nice
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben!