Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?

Article about: Hi Everyone, Bought this Luftwaffe buckle & belt today. Could members give their opinions if original, the maker's mark Dr F & Co is on the buckle, but I've been unable to find anoth

?

Default Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?

Hi Everyone,
    Bought this Luftwaffe buckle & belt today. Could members give their opinions if original, the maker's mark Dr F & Co is on the buckle, but I've been unable to find another on the net, from this maker too compare it with. The pin has been repaired with a copper pin. The belt is stamped - maker name illegible 1936 Erfurt
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?   Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?  

Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?  Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?

Alec, the buckle is original though very worn, the square ears are not as square as usual due to wear. The belt hook is made by Richard Seiper, that is his early marking
    Ben

?

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for your post, and the belt hook makers Richard Seiper name. As you say the buckle is very worn, I did suspect it to be original, to be honest I don't know why I bought it, I noticed the copper pin repair and the worn detail on the buckle front, for some reason it didn't register (normally I don't touch well worn & repaired items) nevertheless this one I did, so I've to live with it.
    Best Wishes

Smile Re: Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?

[Hello

Our friend ben is right.(he always is).
    Probably dated 42 (no leather tab).The belt should be on a aluminium buckle, but You see often those combination.
    Everything in order.
    I like those buckles which have seen action and has the
    "been there" look.

Congrats and take care

Rudi

?

hows that then.joejoe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?   Luftwaffe 2nd Model Buckle & Belt - Opinions?  

JoeJoe, bad fake mate, single fixing pin to rear, wings dont touch the wreath, poor prongs
    Ben

?

hi ben, thanks for the info. joejoe