Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe from belgium

Article about: Hello, here my new acquisition Luftwaffe buckle . It is made from zinc with silver paint . Post sleeve and prongs also catch are made of steel . This buckles are from sales and distribution

?

Thank for the photo Marcus. A couple of styles I forgot about.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe from belgium
    P
    Many

When I empty the factory I had like 50.000 dies, mostly for Belgian purpose.
    But it held also dies for foreign clients. Russian, Dutch, German, Egyptian, and even English and American insigna/button dies were found.
    For the TR periode I had 2 sets of dies for Afrika Korps pith helmet insigna, 1 railway officers buckle die, 1 Wolfsangel tie insigna die, and ....I don't recall the others I had (need to look that up!), in total there where like (only!!!)15 different TR dies.And there should have been more going by the story's........!
    I was told by the daughter, that several dies had been used again on special order of a "famous" militaria dealer from Antwerp. One of those dies was the Wolfsangel buckle. Sad thing for me was that thise specific buckle die wasn't there anymore when I lay hand on the lot......
    Just like many other dies that were sold separatly by the staff, before I got there.
    Many were stolen as well during a first fase of the closing down.
    Even one of the childeren took of with a great part of dies in the hope starting up again on his own.

And thise is were I want to come; having the die and the machinery to make a insigna is not enough! It takes skilled people to use the machinery and the dies properly. To much pressure makes the die explode, less pressure, wouldn't give a satisfying insigna.Finding that qualified personal during a war in the same city, must have been hard....Reitz and Indian Caps are like 10 km a part .......so that makes me think Indian Caps made all metal insigna needed by the German. Indian Caps was already in buisiness when Reitz came during the war.....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It is my opinion the "famous" Belgian from Antwerp had made also many others.
    Buckles which, these days, are seen as originals. I must check if I do have available
    photographs from the old originals to compare. But it will be a hell of a job as I
    just did throw the photographs all together in boxes. Maybe I will return the subject!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    It is my opinion the "famous" Belgian from Antwerp had made also many others.
    Buckles which, these days, are seen as originals. .........!
    He did indeed!
    And not only buckles, or TR related items! Also rare Belgian medals; all on original dies, and by the same workers who made the originals some decenia before.....

cheers
    |<ris

Very interesting Kris, these are the details that need to be bought out in threads as it it is first hand evidence. Its a shame all the dies were stolen but in war and chaos I think that is quite the norm, it would be nice nice if yourself or Wim could find any more info ref this
    Ben

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello gentlemen ,

the next interest question is for what it made !

Is it a field buckle or for parade ?

Never saw one with tab .
    I'd be inclined to say a parade buckle because the catch looks quite delicate, but i'm far from being an expert!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'd be inclined to say a parade buckle because the catch looks quite delicate, but i'm far from being an expert!...
    Hello,

yes i think also ........

But thank's to Wim .

Old pics from originals are very welcome ............
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Very.........
    Its a shame all the dies were stolen but in war and chaos I think that is quite the norm,.......
    It wasn't during the war most dies vannished, it was in the early '90 ties when the factory closed down! ;-)
    There was a war, but more of a familly war....
    Not to mention workers, clients and/or visitors who took what ever they could get. It was a huge building adjacent streets on every side of the building. So lots of entry's and exits.....and no cameras at the time.
    Inside time stood still, I guess some wher in the late '30 ties......
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Hello !
    I bought one found near Rouen :

It was with other insignias...

Cheers,

Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,

very nice find
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast