Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe belt & buckle, Good?

Article about: Does the panel think this is a good belt and buckle or not that I picked up last week ,seller said it is Assman marked.

Had a good afternoon trawling this site, ha ha maybe i should have done that first !!! The info available here is incredible and is a credit to the forum it really is. I bought a helmet off these guys and had some left over and they had this belt on the stall so did a bit of a deal and the rest is history. Maybe i am just old school but if this is a well known fake what are these guys doing selling it at somewhere like this???.

Anyway enough of that ,so the belt looks like a KM belt ( I did find a pic of the stamp on here and it does look like one) I suppose i would be better off looking for a KM buckle? and how much would i be looking at to buy one and are they hard to come buy ? would i be right in thinking that flak gunners had the same dark grey belt buckle ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe belt & buckle, Good?
    P
    Many

A gold KM marked buckles are quite expensive but you can pick up a average one for around £200-250, or even a Km stamped Coastal Artillery buckle would be good and a bit cheaper (if you can find one). In ref to dealers especially at shows around the UK I dont personally trust most of them, I have been to quite a few fairs and what I see sometimes is horrific!!! Use this forum as a guide, theres lots of info and if you see a buckle on a site post it and get an opinion before buying, there are also lots of teaching threads, have a good look around, theres lots to learn or if you are ever at a fair send me an email with a pic, there are quite a few guys on the forum who have done that (isnt there Scrooge) lol
    Ben

?

I'm sorry to hear that you lost on this one.

I've learned on this forum that the very large berry on the wreath above the eagle is good tell for fakes.

?

Depending on what you, paid you may not have lost. KM marked belts usually sell for $150-200. I am sure who ever sold you the fake buckle didn't know the belt was worth 2-3 times a normal belt.

Well there might be light at the end of the tunnel then or maybe it's just karma...

Yep Karma it was,Just got a KM buckle to go with the belt, Thanks Dave...

Bob

?

Great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2