Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe buckle

Article about: I bought this buckle with a few other items yesterday, i posted it in another where I did learn it was authentic which i am quite happy about. The reason for this post so i can learn a littl

?

Default Luftwaffe buckle

I bought this buckle with a few other items yesterday, i posted it in another where I did learn it was authentic which i am quite happy about. The reason for this post so i can learn a little more about it because one of my friends said that it maybe a droop tail variant? Im not too sure if it is or not. I looked at examples of the droop tail variants and i dont think that the tail is as low as the ones i saw but it does look lower than the average buckle. But then again maybe its just my imagination running wild . Thanks in advance

all the best,
    Stefan

Luftwaffe buckleLuftwaffe buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe buckle

Stefan, the buckl you have is a second pattern Lufte buckle, the "Droop tail" as we refer to it is the 1st pattern Lufte buckle, always in aluminium the steel buckles were always second pattern buckles, here are a couple of examples of a 1st pattern or "droop tail" buckle aslo have a look through the Luftewaffe database and you will spot the differences
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe buckle  Luftwaffe buckle 
    Ben

?

Thanks for the clarification, i thought that it wasn't one of those, thanks very much!

all the best,
    Stefan

Quote by thekid View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, i thought that it wasn't one of those, thanks very much!

all the best,
    Stefan
    Welcome mate
    Ben

?

Hi. This would not be called a variant. This is just the first pattern Luftwaffe buckle and was used from around 1935-1938. I'm not sure why the big change but it was not just buckles. Cap eagles, beast eagles, helmet decal, ever eagle was changed and they came out with the 2nd pattern dagger. I guess this was old Herman's idea. Kirby

?

Ben is right it is a second pattern. Here is a first pattern

Luftwaffe buckle

?

Thanks for the clarification!

All the best,
    Stefan