MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Buckle.

Article about: Hello all, I have been offered this buckle but sadly this is the only picture I have of it. It is a close up of a larger photo that sent, hence the blurriness. The photos here came from a pi

?

Default Luftwaffe Buckle.

Hello all,

I have been offered this buckle but sadly this is the only picture I have of it. It is a close up of a larger photo that sent, hence the blurriness. The photos here came from a picture of a helmet and the buckle was on the side. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to what to look for on this type of buckle. I am doing my own research into this buckle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Buckle.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Buckle.

Luftwaffe buckles at War relics forum
    Have a close look on here my friend!....

?

Thanks Gunny! I will be glued to this page for the next week lol. Getting help from the more experience here is great, but I want to learn for myself as well. Also, here are the pictures that I forgot to post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Buckle.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe Buckle. 

?

Also, here is a description of the buckle that was sent by the seller.

"Buckle has no markings I can see, but it shows an eagle flying ( to the left) carrying a swastika. Both the eagle and the swastika are on an orange-peel (bumpy) style background and the swastika has no wreath, however there is a wreath of leaves which I assume are laurel leaves surrounding the depiction of the eagle--forming the edge of the buckle. The buckle was stamped, and you can see the impression of the swastika and part of the eagle's wing on the back. (Rest is hidden by the belt-hook.) Buckle appears to be fairly thick-gauge brass. It is about as big as a good-sized lime."

Doug, looks like a fake to me mate, never seen nothing like that to be honest, a Luft officer buckle should looks something like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Buckle.   Luftwaffe Buckle.  

Luftwaffe Buckle.  
    Ben

I don't like the look of it save your money, but i'm not an expert on these!....

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thanks Gunny! I will be glued to this page for the next week lol. Getting help from the more experience here is great, but I want to learn for myself as well. Also, here are the pictures that I forgot to post.
    Hello,

that's a phantasy fake
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Thanks for all the help guys? Question about the officers buckle...Were they always a two piece set up like the one Ben posted or were the sometimes single pieces?

I have never seen a single piece as yet
    Ben