Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe buckle fake?

Article about: I just recently bought this luftwaffe buckle from a friend who got it at a gun show a couple of months ago. He claimed that the man he bought it from said his dad brought it back over from G

Default Luftwaffe buckle fake?

I just recently bought this luftwaffe buckle from a friend who got it at a gun show a couple of months ago. He claimed that the man he bought it from said his dad brought it back over from Germany. Any clue? Thanks! Appreciate it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe buckle fake?   Luftwaffe buckle fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe buckle fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe buckle fake?

It is original.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Could you point out the specifications of its authenticity?

Do you have a better pic of the eagle?
    Ben

Having a good look at the buckle from the pics provided (could do with better ones of the eagle) I would say the buckle is original and made by Assmann, I am sure Rudi will confirm this for us when he reads this thread. Buckle is a bit tired looking though!
    Ben

Hi

Ben is right, a good "has been there" Assmann buckle, probably post 1942 or last ditch Assmann.
    Even those buckles should be respected, they also have a story and a history.

Have all a nice Christmas and good hunting in 2011 !!

Rudi

Quote by HendrixKid View Post
    Could you point out the specifications of its authenticity?
    That is the hardest question I usually get, it is pretty much impossible for me to explain it, but I will try to explain with a few points: The age of the item, the rust looks old and not aged, other than that it is just experience and mostly gut-feelings.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    That is the hardest question I usually get, it is pretty much impossible for me to explain it, but I will try to explain with a few points: The age of the item, the rust looks old and not aged, other than that it is just experience and mostly gut-feelings.
    The eagles head is unlike most fakes around at the moment, the same goes for the catch, the blue colour is the base colour out of everything, at first glance I thought it was an Assmann just by experience and handling and seeing pics of 1000,s of buckles. Also with the combined shape of the eagle, the catch, the ears its again recall from memory putting them factors to seeing pics/handling these buckles with tabs on.

Ben
    Ben