Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Droop-Tail Buckle for Review...

Article about: Greetings Friends... Although I'm primarily a Wehrmacht, German Home-Front, and Imperial German Militaria Collector, I've managed to accumulate several Luftwaffe items along the way and have

Default Luftwaffe Droop-Tail Buckle for Review...

Greetings Friends...
    Although I'm primarily a Wehrmacht, German Home-Front, and Imperial German Militaria Collector, I've managed to accumulate several Luftwaffe items along the way and have stumbled upon this example for sale at a good price...I'd be very grateful for your learned opinions...Hopefully Ben will add his expertise as well! Click on the photos for a closer look...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Droop-Tail Buckle for Review...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Droop-Tail Buckle for Review...
    P
    Many

Sorry Glen but I am not a fan mate, dont like the box, catch paint, to me a bad buckle Glen
    Ben

Thank you very much, Ben! That's all I needed to hear...This would explain the $49.00 price, lol...
    cheers friend,
    Glenn

Sorry Glenn it's a bad one!...

Hello,

sorry but my opinion is also that is a fake .
    Last edited by yellow12; 05-05-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

not a fan of this one.

?

Being more of a RCAF, Brit/Commonwealth collector, who also has a small collection of German items, can one of you fine gentlemen clue me in as to what you see, or don't see, on the buckle Glenn posted that indicates it is a fake? Secondly, are de-Nazified items worth collecting?

The catch is too thick and often found on fake buckles, the box is wrong the ears are too small and again the shape is wrong. The eagle is a first pattern one so buckle should be aluminium and never painted whereas this has been painted recently. Also the new rust on the prong sleeve is never a good sign and top it all years of experience that knows its a fake buckle 😊
    Ben

?

A one looker fake. About picking up denazified items. They are worthless to most collectors so you will have a hard time reselling the item. I might buy a super rare buckle but only for 10% or less the value of a nice one. The same thing for ground dug items.