Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak Regt belt and buckle help

Article about: Gentleman, I am asking for help with gaining information about a lovely lufty belt and buckle that I have. It has several markings and I am trying to piece together it's history. Luftwaffe b

?

Default Luftwaffe Flak Regt belt and buckle help

Gentleman, I am asking for help with gaining information about a lovely lufty belt and buckle that I have. It has several markings and I am trying to piece together it's history.

Luftwaffe buckle marked F.R. 39
    Tab stamped 1939 OBERSTEIN N. and PRINGER ( or similar) & Co BERLIN

On the belt inner is stamped:
    11/Flak L Regt I

and next to it,

111/Flak L Regt

The belt is small which makes me think it may have been HJ but I am not sure. I think that the 11 Flak Regt faught in Normandy before being folded into the 111 Flak Regt for Barbarossa but I am not sure I have my facts right or even if i am interpreting the stamped Flak regt wording correctly. For example what is the L in between Flak and Regt - is it Luftwaffe?

Any help greatly appreciated, pics to follow

Regards Bevo 39

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Regt belt and buckle help
    P
    Many

?

Hello. Can't tell you anything about the markings but Barbarossa was the invasion of Russia so that was a long time before Normandy. HJ flak helpers did wear a combination on HJ and Luftwaffe insignia.

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flak Regt belt and buckle help

I believe the L means leichte or light flak regiment as in 2cm instead of 8.8cm,but I`ve been wrong before....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Flak Regt belt and buckle help

Quote by kirby View Post
    Hello. Can't tell you anything about the markings but Barbarossa was the invasion of Russia so that was a long time before Normandy. HJ flak helpers did wear a combination on HJ and Luftwaffe insignia.
    Yes, sorry, I meant to write that the other way round formed in 39, then onto Barbarossa, then Normandy before being wiped out in the fighting around the Falais Gap. As I said though, would very much like to get this confirmed or dismissed. Thanks for your reply.