MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe JD buckle

Article about: Hi, this is another one of my German buckles. Can anyone tell me if this would originally have been painted Luftwaffe blue and if JD also made the earlier droop wing eagle buckles ?

Default Luftwaffe JD buckle

Hi, this is another one of my German buckles. Can anyone tell me if this would originally have been painted Luftwaffe blue and if JD also made the earlier droop wing eagle buckles ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe JD buckle   Luftwaffe JD buckle  

Luftwaffe JD buckle   Luftwaffe JD buckle  

Luftwaffe JD buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe JD buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe JD buckle

Looks like a very nice buckle to me. I dont think it was originally painted.

I think only steel buckles were factory painted, i suppose alloy ones could have been field painted.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I think only steel buckles were factory painted, i suppose alloy ones could have been field painted.
    Make logical sense due to the fact the shinning of the buckles would make them easy prey and could give their postion away.]

If anyone has got a period painted aluminum Luftwaffe buckle to show I would like to see one.

Luftwaffe JD buckle
    It seems that JD did make the drooptail variant.

The aluminium buckles were not painted, they came as they are. J.D is the makers mark for J Deutschbein, Euskirchen if you did not know
    Ben

Early in the war they had no need to paint anything or use camouflage for the ground crew, they had hardly any opposition in regards to ground troops. That obviously changed in the later stages of the war.

- - Updated - -

BTW the J stands for Johannes
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Early in the war they had no need to paint anything or use camouflage for the ground crew, they had hardly any opposition in regards to ground troops. That obviously changed in the later stages of the war.

- - Updated - -

BTW the J stands for Johannes
    John Germanleg ????

what other makers maker marked the early droop winged buckles ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast