Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe officer's buckle

Article about: Hello all. I'm not sure about the originallity of this buckle. I got it for a reduced price when I bought a Shako eagle and Polish AK47 bayonete. I figured it's a repro and the seller wasn't

Default Luftwaffe officer's buckle

Hello all. I'm not sure about the originallity of this buckle. I got it for a reduced price when I bought a Shako eagle and Polish AK47 bayonete. I figured it's a repro and the seller wasn't sure. I recently picked up Bob Evan's book on buckles, the only one I could find so far and according to that book, these Overloff buckles had the eagles attached by a single post(page 74) and there are examples of RLB(page 90 and 93) and NSKK buckles(page 95) where the center peice was attached with a bolt. I also found an Overloff catalog page but unfortunately it dosen't show the buckle's reverse side. The details on the wreath are very sharp(the pics don't show it very well) and the wings are not touching the wreath which I understand is a red flag. I looked for repros on line put together like this one and couldn't find any so I'm not sure if it's a common repro. Let me know what you think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer's buckle   Luftwaffe officer's buckle  

Luftwaffe officer's buckle   Luftwaffe officer's buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer's buckle
    P
    Many

?

You will find some fakes in Evans books. As a general rule I stay away from any buckle with a bolt.

Default Re: Luftwaffe officer's buckle

Hello,

yes i agree .......

Well known older fake ........

Frontplate made from Alu and backplate made from nickel silver . No original eagle fixing with bolt are know ......
    Last edited by yellow12; 01-13-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

As the guys have stated buckle is a fake mate, can you post it in the fake Luft thread please?
    Ben

Yes I'll add to the fake Luft thread. I had originally got it thinking it was a repro and paid as such and then the Bob Evans' book had me second guessing. Can you recommend a good reference book on Third reich buckles? Pretty scary that some reference books have fakes! Any idea how old these repros are and where they were made? Thanks again guys.

My bibles were the Nash book and the Angolia 2nd edition a couple of odd mistakes in both but since they were written a lot of new info has been found out but both fantastic books in my eyes
    Ben

Thank you. I'll be on the lookout for those. I checked the Bob Evan's book again and this buckle looks like it just walked out of that book. Same Alu front and nickel silver back. Some online sites are selling these types as originals no doubt using this book as a guide. Man some of these repros are made well. This sucker literally sparkles when held up to the light!

?

Searching the forums is usually better than most of the books. You should have all the books if your going to collect anything but only as a backup. Every book has mistakes and every dealer makes mistakes. You can't know everything about every field of collecting.

Thank you. This is why I like this site. Everyone is very helpfull. Is it OK to post links here where sellers are selling these as originals to warn potential buyers? I found 2 sites selling 2 peice versions where the eagle is attached by a bolt as originals and another auction site selling one identical to mine as original. I got mine cheap thinking it was a repro to beging with. These sites are looking for top dollar!

Quote by popcorn View Post
    Thank you. This is why I like this site. Everyone is very helpfull. Is it OK to post links here where sellers are selling these as originals to warn potential buyers? I found 2 sites selling 2 peice versions where the eagle is attached by a bolt as originals and another auction site selling one identical to mine as original. I got mine cheap thinking it was a repro to beging with. These sites are looking for top dollar!
    Yes post the links, the more people warned the better
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast