Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please

Article about: Hello All, A friend asked what I thought about the attached buckle he saw for sale and was interested in purchasing. These are not a type that I collect and so some help and opinions would b

Default Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please

Hello All,

A friend asked what I thought about the attached buckle he saw for sale and was interested in purchasing. These are not a type that I collect and so some help and opinions would be much appreciated. I like the looks of the brocade but cannot even tell from the photos provided if it is a full strap. The buckle itself I really have no idea about and cannot tell from these photos if it is marked anywhere on the reverse. I'd like to see a close-up of the back but not sure if he'll get one. What concerned me also was that it was apparently being offered to him for $125 USD. If I'm not mistaken, originals in this condition would go for more, correct?

Thanks very much for any and all comments!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please   Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please  

Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please

Hello All,

Here is some feedback we received concerning this LW-brocade from a collector friend of mine... The one-rivet affixing is of concern as well as the design of the eagle itself. Also, were Generals buckles were made of brass or should it be gilded nickel or gilded aluminium?

Any feedback or comments appreciated!

Best,
    Adam

Hello Adam ,

i can only show you a ground dug from Carin Hall .

Buckle is made of tombak and eagle massiv silver .

Luftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions PleaseLuftwaffe Officer's Buckle: Opinions Please
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Not a buckle expert but it looks quite good to me. Detail appears fairly sharp and this example looks similar to one I have just checked in a ref book I have. But(!) that price is questionable. I'm sure that a buckle expert will be along in earnest to help out with a definite answer regarding the authenticity of this piece. Good luck!

Regards

Carl

Hello Markus and Carl,

Thank you for the replies. My friend has since passed on this buckle. Wow, Carinhall... What a story that piece would tell if it could talk. Maybe even worn by Göring himself!

Best,
    Adam

?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Hello Markus and Carl,

Thank you for the replies. My friend has since passed on this buckle. Wow, Carinhall... What a story that piece would tell if it could talk. Maybe even worn by Göring himself!

Best,
    Adam
    You're welcome Adam, but I doubt that the ground dug buckle was worn by Hermann...his would have probably been dripping in diamonds!

Regards

Carl

Haha how true! Far too simplistic...not pompously bejeweled and diamond encrusted

Best,
    Adam