Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe officers buckles

Article about: Thanks! The second buckle it's original Luftwaffe-Officers - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Default Re: Luftwaffe officers buckles

Thanks!
    The second buckle it's original
    Luftwaffe-Officers - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officers buckles
    P
    Many

?

I think the second buckle is original. I have looked at a bunch of threads and lot of them look a little sloppy in the back. The loose buckle I showed has been in my collection for 30+ years the brocade has a identical buckle and I'm sure it's good.

?

I must side with Bill on this one with the OP buckles being both repro. The first officer's buckle shown is a definite oLc repro and the second buckle, as Bill has already confirmed, is of poor construction but also a very poor attempt at the Assmann marking. The Assmann marking on the OP buckle is very similar to the marking on the repro HJ buckle with A&S and "A" marking. What they have attempted to do here is add the round marking at the top of the "A" but as you see it is off-centered and also has the slanted marks at the bottom of the "A". The original Assmann marking is undistinguishable.

Kirby - I have no problems with yours being original.

Here is the proper marking one should see on any Assmann Officers' buckle when applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officers buckles  

The Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe buckle is not my forte, although I am familiar with some of the variations to Fritz Assmann's logo. There are variations, however never before have I seen one as displayed on the officers buckle in question. Never. I have to slightly disagree with Dan insofar as the stamped markings on the fake HJ that he mentions, puts this half hearted logo to shame. Even the fake Assmann DAF-Werkschar buckle has a better rendition of the very distinct logo.

Never have I seen the two feet which support the legs of the "A", set at anything other than horizontal.

By combining this very important point with the extremely poor grade of reverse construction, I am inclined to think that this buckle is a fake.

Regards,

David

It would appear that the same two buckles have been discussed on another forum.

Here is my opinion.

Regards,

David

?

David,

I believe we are saying the same thing - you have always been able to state it more eloquently.

Here is another faked example and the one I was referring to.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officers buckles  

Dan and David,

Nice responses and photos. What do you thinkl of this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officers buckles   Luftwaffe officers buckles  

Luftwaffe officers buckles  

?

Bill,

Although the crimp on the keeper bar looks pulled out the buckle is original. It's a good one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2