Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Tropical Blue Web Belt and Buckle

Article about: by cricketchris1944 FP numbers. what item has that marking .beside belts and pouches I would think that Field Post (FP) numbers can be written/carved on just about any item they want to iden

Default Re: Luftwaffe Tropical Blue Web Belt and Buckle

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    FP numbers.
    what item has that marking .beside belts and pouches
    I would think that Field Post (FP) numbers can be written/carved on just about any item they want to identify as belonging to an individual.

Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tropical Blue Web Belt and Buckle
    P
    Many

Quote by Waffenbruder View Post
    These should be approached with caution since I know for a fact some tan one's have been post war dyed. The rarity and increased value makes it very tempting. It is very difficult to tell since there are so few original's to compare with. The presence of any tan in cracks that get little direct wear should be cause for pause. Waffenbruder

Hi Waffenbruder,
    I don't know whether you're referring to my belt or you're generally spoeaking but I assure you that this belt is as genuine as they come and yes,beautiful,been there and exceedingly rare,just like any other blue web item,excepting maybe the rucksacks!
    Cheers
    Manny

No, I was speaking generally. Your belt may be fine. However, I have owned one including the buckle with matching blue web tab and have also seen one that was post war dyed back in the 80's and even with my 40 years experience I would not have known if he hadn't told me. Rit navy blue dye was used and belt was soaked for a couple of hours. Once dryed, it was impossible to tell it from my (I believe)real one. I have seen one other and found that if it has tan areas in recesses it is suspect. Sad to say there are no limits to what fakers will do to turn a buck. Just a word of caution. Waffenbruder

?

very nice looking rig i too have one but mines the leather tongued type https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...fe-belt-16856/ rgds Dave

Hi Waffenbruder,
    apart from the fact that my belt is ABSOLUTELY genuine,I'm with you when you say that fakers don't leave no stone unturned when it comes to find new ways to burn people...we see that with all kind of items!
    There's nothing new in what you say but that applies to anything WW2 German,including BMW R75s!Don't want to sound irrespectful by any means and I'm not talking about you but a 40-years collecting experience doesn't mean a thing if a collector has spent four decades collecting crap without knowing that while,on the other hand, it's true that there are people who have been collecting for the past two or three years and who have done their homework that can tell a fake item from a distance.
    Cheers
    Manny

Point taken. However I'm not just talking about outright fakes. I'm talking about genuine items that have been altered or enhanced to increase their value. Also, some collectors are in denial about items they own. They look for others to reinforce their beliefs and disregard any critisisms. (not talking about you) I was a dealer at most of the major shows for 10 years and an ebay seller for about 6. I am now retired, but can assure you that even the established experts have sold questionable items. Most of us older guys have done our homework and have all the reference books and still don't know everything. Trust me on this; the more you think you know, the more you still have to learn. Your comment about knowing a fake from a distance is only true about the obvious fakes. Think about this: There might be a fake out there that is so good it can't be detected. If that's the case how would you know? I'm not here to rain on anybody's parade, just saying never get so over confident to think you can't be fooled.

Hey guys just reading your threads with interest, at the end of the day we all have something to learn, I have never stopped and probably never will, thats what makes the hobby so good
    Ben

Hi,Wehrmacht39 I've seen the blue web belt Anthony Jessen has on his website. Belt appears good, but It is odd to see one with an RBN number. Research indicates that the blue web was an early version and discontinued way before 1942 when RBN#'s were instituted. Hence their rarity. Does anyone have any factual info to add to this? Please no opinions. Just verifiable facts. Waffenbruder

Quote by Waffenbruder View Post
    Point taken. However I'm not just talking about outright fakes. I'm talking about genuine items that have been altered or enhanced to increase their value. Also, some collectors are in denial about items they own. They look for others to reinforce their beliefs and disregard any critisisms. (not talking about you) I was a dealer at most of the major shows for 10 years and an ebay seller for about 6. I am now retired, but can assure you that even the established experts have sold questionable items. Most of us older guys have done our homework and have all the reference books and still don't know everything. Trust me on this; the more you think you know, the more you still have to learn. Your comment about knowing a fake from a distance is only true about the obvious fakes. Think about this: There might be a fake out there that is so good it can't be detected. If that's the case how would you know? I'm not here to rain on anybody's parade, just saying never get so over confident to think you can't be fooled.
    Hi Waffenbruder...I couldn't agree more!It's a fact that many a "Reputable dealer" have sold (more often than not knowingly!)very questionable items,either at shows or/and on-line.
    We,as "ols salts",keep on learning each and every day in spite or our experiences,yet there are other collectors who,for some obscure reasons, think they know all about WW2 German Militaria collecting,and many of them walk hand in hand with the ones who (and I'll quote you here)" are in denial about items they own and look for others to reinforce their beliefs and disregard any critisisms!"...this kind of behavior does more harm than good...these guys don't want to believe that that item of theirs is fake!
    A few years ago there has been a small "flood" of late-style bergmutzen coming from the Czech Republic which were incredibly well done and which fooled many a collector sure to know his sh#t.so I 100% get your drift!
    Cheers
    Manny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast