Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!

Article about: Hi all, I want to present you one of my most recent acquisitions, a steel LW buckle with cloth tab and leather belt. Both came from a very large lot of stuff I got for very cheap from a fire

Great results
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!
    P
    Many

Thanks and just for good measure, here's a photo of how it looked when it arrived.
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Belt and buckle with very interesting unit mark!  

I have asked my friend Rudi to post a pic of his white tabbed buckle, hopefully he will post some pics for us
    Ben

?

Very interesting set, and the buckle cleaned up nicely. Find the unit/group stampings on the belt interesting. Probably already found this but here is an interesting read of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium. A very early Luftwaffe organization:

Link=> Luftwaffen-Fährenflotillen

The blue web tab Luftwaffe buckles are hard to find I’ve been looking for one for my collection for years, but I have a white tab example

Thanks for posting the white web tab one ivanjoaquin, very interesting.
    Nice example.
    A few days ago I didn't even know that the blue web tab ones existed.. until I got one in the mail (the pictures the seller supplied were so terrible that all I knew was that it was a LW buckle and belt)
    I should really improve my knowledge on buckles in general, I just know my helmets and that's it
    Luis

Dav
    ?

Is it not possible the silver "paint" removed in the blue tab version above could have been the silvering applied from the factory like the example above?

Quote by Dav View Post
    Is it not possible the silver "paint" removed in the blue tab version above could have been the silvering applied from the factory like the example above?
    Could have been, I have never personally seen a blue web tab Luft that was silver, in this game I never say never as I am still surprised from time to time !!!

- - ------- - -

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    The blue web tab Luftwaffe buckles are hard to find I’ve been looking for one for my collection for years, but I have a white tab example

Ivan, great buckle, can you post that in the Luft makers thread please for reference?
    Ben

?

I had the same thought when I saw that the buckle had been de-nazified after it was painted silver...

Well, you could see brush strokes in the silver so I doubt it, it looked very handmade, also if it were silver plated it wouldn't have dissolved with just paint thinner, silver plating is an actual coat of silver metal. If you take a look at the white tab one it has the silver plating on the inside, too, mine had none of that.
    I'd be very surprised if they applied cheap silver paint in the factory to their high quality buckles
    Besides, you couldn't silver plate something that was painted like this one was, it needs to be just the metal to be plated.
    Luis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast