Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

LW buckle

Article about: Thanks for the input guys Yes, the buckle was bought on the Letohall fair yesterday. I belived it was orginal for 10 minuts ago, but you scare me a little bit now

Juergen
    ?

Default Re: LW buckle

I got Berg&Nolte Penal Unit Buckle with such prongs-the very bad constructet!don't like them at all
    Regards
    Jurgen

2. # ADS

?

Hello Jurgen. Yes, I do belive penalty unit buckles exsist. If I remember correct, they are discribed in one of Angolias books. I suggest you take a few pictures of it, and show it too us in a new tread.
    Best regards
    Arvid

Juergen
    ?

Yep-thanks I will do if I found out how to post them?
    Regards
    Juergen

Juergen
    ?

Here's the pictures of the buckle

Juergen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images LW buckle 
    Last edited by Juergen; 06-27-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Juergen
    ?

Hello arvid greetings-please see attached the Penalty Unit Buckle?
    the scans not very good but gives an Idea-The Leather Tab is just fixed with Rivet The Buckle(not to see Inside front marked B&N 43 (Berg& Nolte)
    In this Year 43 possible no Tab was issued with it? But the Buckles sit better on the Belt with it!I know later Belts has no more Tongue - less Holes just punched in the Belt (I dont know if Saving of leather was the reason or just speeding the making procedure up? For any Idea very thankfull Yours Jurgen

?

Jürgen, there is not a single evidence, that these pebbled buckles were worn by members of military penal units! Even Angolia wrote in his book that this theory is not confirmed. And justifiably so!
    If you ask me, these pieces are post war productions on original and modified dies for civil purposes.

Regards,
    Guido

Juergen
    ?

Hallo Guido-interesting View-but I dont believe that-I heard from old Soldiers that the have seen this Buckles (The Penalty Soldiers wore german Equipment but were hold "Unworthy" to bare german Insignia!(read Storys of "Sven Hassel"Weels of terror"!ect.he also mention the Buckles-he was member of Penalty Units.
    Wy shall there be (just after the War??) Demand on such Buckles-actually anybody discartet such Items?-and if there were old "Dies" the were createt for a Purpose? Hope for more Replays best Jurgen

Default Penal Buckle

Guido is 100% correct.

These "brain pattern" or "Penal Brigade" buckles are post 1945 neutrals and any theory about pre 1945 use is absolute nonsense.

Promoted by a particular person from the 1970's and who really should have known better.

Post 1945 rubbish in my opinion.

Regards,

David

Juergen

The two images that you have so kindly provided of the so called "penal" buckle are from 2 completely different (obverse and reverse) buckles !!

Perhaps you have and with all due respect, made a mistake ?

Regards,

David

Juergen
    ?

Hi David-no Mistake is same Buckle - I later fixed on Tab to sit better on Belt(Koppel!)
    I believe is "Pre" not "Post" 1945 Original? There is no reason to create after 1945 such Buckles!
    I have seen also similar ones(peppelt all over)shall be from "Legion Condor" German/Spanish Help for Franco..any more Replays? Regards Jurgen

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast