Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

LW Buckle

Article about: Hello, this one was found in a Flak battery * * on the back, there is a piece of alu(i think)

Default LW Buckle

Hello, this one was found in a Flak battery

on the back, there is a piece of alu(i think)
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW Buckle
    P
    Many

Nice buckle and hard to come by, shame about the condition though, here one for example and a previous thread on these buckles

Flat Back Luftwaffe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Buckle  
    Attached Images Attached Images LW Buckle  LW Buckle  LW Buckle  LW Buckle 
    Ben

Many thanks Ben, it was in the ground....
    Cheers
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Rare buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Buckle   LW Buckle  

?

It is an interesting construction. I wouldn't call it rare. There are at least 5 member that have one. Here are four different styles of construction. The flat back is the hardest to find of this group. Ben posted a Luftwaffe with a very interesting catch. That one is rare.

Here is an SA flat back. It is brass with a steel plate. It may be from the same company that made your Luftwaffe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW Buckle   LW Buckle  

LW Buckle   LW Buckle  

?

Agree. Rather not rare, rather uncommon in contrast to the classical design. Such SA buckle see first. Thanks for showing.