Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My lufty crank catch, and repair query?

Article about: Hi guys, Just thought I would show you my lufty crank catch buckle, marked CTD 1942 with a 43 dated RB numbered belt. I know the crank catches were crimped and/or soldered but this one seems

Default My lufty crank catch, and repair query?

Hi guys,

Just thought I would show you my lufty crank catch buckle, marked CTD 1942 with a 43 dated RB numbered belt. I know the crank catches were crimped and/or soldered but this one seems to have had a repair, any thoughts on wheteher this looks contemporary?

Cheers,
    Lenny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My lufty crank catch, and repair query?   My lufty crank catch, and repair query?  

My lufty crank catch, and repair query?   My lufty crank catch, and repair query?  

My lufty crank catch, and repair query?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My lufty crank catch, and repair query?
    P
    Many

Default Re: My lufty crank catch, and repair query?

Hard call on that Lenny, nice buckle though, it looks like on the inside the grime and dirt around the repair has not been disturbed for a while but hard to say whether period
    Ben

I wasn't sure on the repair, but as it was a crank catch and price was good I had to have it....

Fair one mate, no an easy to find buckle to be honest!
    Ben

?

This is a buckle that is missing from my collection. Nice score.

Cheers guys, when I decided I was going to get back into collecting, and specifically buckles I contacted an old friend/part time dealer. He had x4 belts and buckles in stock, x2 Heer and x2 Lufty. One of the Heer's was a Normandy bringback, direct from vet and one of the Lufty's was this one.... I managed to do a good deal for old time's sake so was pretty chuffed. Not often you get that from a dealer, but this friend has been decent with me over the years...

If Kirby is missing one....you Know it's a toughie to find!
    (Personally, I'd say the repair is period. If it's Not, then it was done a Long time ago after the war had Just ended, from the looks of it!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If Kirby is missing one....you Know it's a toughie to find!
    (Personally, I'd say the repair is period. If it's Not, then it was done a Long time ago after the war had Just ended, from the looks of it!)
    Well, guess I did ok then. It was £100 for belt and buckle. The repair looked old, not sure if these tended to work loose?