Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

a new addition - early war aluminium with tab

Article about: I don’t soar high with the ‘Big Guns’ of this hobby - no pristine examples of high end TR stuff in my collection………. I’d like to say that it’s because I prefer the “been there” look ( which

Default a new addition - early war aluminium with tab

I don’t soar high with the ‘Big Guns’ of this hobby - no pristine examples of high end TR stuff in my collection………. I’d like to say that it’s because I prefer the “been there” look ( which I do ) but to be brutally honest it’s simply due to the economic reality of semi-retirement. I'd LOVE some of their stuff!!!!

Anyway, from a member in our own classifieds I bought this nice little Luftwaffe buckle with tab. Both have the maker logo ( Richard Sieper & Sohne ) and the tab has also the LBA stamp ( Luftwaffenbekleidungsampt or LW Clothing Dept. ) on it.

It is reasonably worn down but that’s what I like about it. Yes, its “been there” and me being big on imagination and low on cash ( whatever I can keep hidden from my wife ) I am daydreaming about who may have originally worn this???

I guess it could even have been a fallschirmjager ……. well, why not? ( we sometimes forget they wore Luftwaffe buckles ) Maybe it was worn down from diving many times into the Normandy soil as he desperately avoided the bullets trying to stem the allied advance, until this paratrooper finally fell to a Garand or Lee Enfield projectile and his buckle was souvenired by a victorious foe!

OK, so sure it’s a long bow …. and no-one can tell its history ….but, in an attempt to offset my disappointment at losing the chance of a FJ helmet a couple of months back I am letting myself belief this could well be a FJ worn buckle ……………. one CAN dream! ( it’s the only thing the government can’t take from us!! )

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a new addition - early war aluminium with tab   a new addition - early war aluminium with tab  

a new addition - early war aluminium with tab  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a new addition - early war aluminium with tab
    P
    Many

Nice buckle Dan with nice markings, nothing wrong with that one mate
    Ben

Nice and honest!.....

agood clean one.

?

I wouldn't call it clean but it is a nice well worn example with a matching tab and LBA marked.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I don’t soar high with the ‘Big Guns’ of this hobby - no pristine examples of high end TR stuff in my collection………. I’d like to say that it’s because I prefer the “been there” look ( which I do ) but to be brutally honest it’s simply due to the economic reality of semi-retirement. I'd LOVE some of their stuff!!!!

Anyway, from a member in our own classifieds I bought this nice little Luftwaffe buckle with tab. Both have the maker logo ( Richard Sieper & Sohne ) and the tab has also the LBA stamp ( Luftwaffenbekleidungsampt or LW Clothing Dept. ) on it.

It is reasonably worn down but that’s what I like about it. Yes, its “been there” and me being big on imagination and low on cash ( whatever I can keep hidden from my wife ) I am daydreaming about who may have originally worn this???

I guess it could even have been a fallschirmjager ……. well, why not? ( we sometimes forget they wore Luftwaffe buckles ) Maybe it was worn down from diving many times into the Normandy soil as he desperately avoided the bullets trying to stem the allied advance, until this paratrooper finally fell to a Garand or Lee Enfield projectile and his buckle was souvenired by a victorious foe!

OK, so sure it’s a long bow …. and no-one can tell its history ….but, in an attempt to offset my disappointment at losing the chance of a FJ helmet a couple of months back I am letting myself belief this could well be a FJ worn buckle ……………. one CAN dream! ( it’s the only thing the government can’t take from us!! )

Cheers, Dan
    Dan I am right there with you That is a handsome buckle with honest wear. "Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most."