Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle

Article about: Hi i.ve been offered this Luftwaffe buckle and tab and could do with a few opinions please.The buckle is marked for Overhoff & Cie,the leather tab feels a little bit thinner than others

Default Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle

Hi i.ve been offered this Luftwaffe buckle and tab and could do with a few opinions please.The buckle is marked for Overhoff & Cie,the leather tab feels a little bit thinner than others i have had in the past but this could be down to age.........Thanks Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle   Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle  

Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle   Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle

Rob, leave it alone, its a fake mate, may we see pics of the maker mark on the tab?
    Ben

Thanks Ben,i can see the oval stamp on the tab but you can't make anything out, can you point out for me whats wrong with it so can no what to look for.The guy who is offering it knows nothing on militaria just general antiques/secondhand.....thanks Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Luftwaffe Buckle  

Rob, bad eagle, bad makers mark, wrong ears for a Overhoff buckle, colour of the buckle, tab sewn on at some point, the whole thing is not right, alot of it comes down to experience really Rob, have a look at the steel late war Overhoff buckle in the SS buckles thread, you will see the difference of the box of the buckle.
    Ben

Cheers Ben,to be honest my doubts on it was the eagle compared to others,again thanks for the help.....Rob