MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A Overhoff Luftwaffe

Article about: One from the small buckle collection I just purchased. A first pattern Luftwaffe marked with the OLC diamond. A nice 1936 Overhoff tab. The back of the tab is marked Waffen???stl. This is ov

?

One from the small buckle collection I just purchased. A first pattern Luftwaffe marked with the OLC diamond. A nice 1936 Overhoff tab. The back of the tab is marked Waffen???stl. This is over something that ends in om I think. Looks like a large 1 under Waffen. I also see a L but no BA. These early Luftwaffe have a lot of interesting marking. Thank for any info on what follows Waffen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Overhoff Luftwaffe   A Overhoff Luftwaffe  

A Overhoff Luftwaffe   A Overhoff Luftwaffe  

A Overhoff Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Overhoff Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Interesting buckle Kirby, cannot maker out the markings on the rear, maybe try without a flash? Interesting to see a separate year date on the buckle, but again I have seen quite a few on early Overhoff buckles, nice find mate.
    Ben

?

Very nice early Luft buckle. Perhaps rub a bit of talc powder on the backside leather stamping and take a pic in natural light, may get a better read of the 'Waffen' stamp.

?

I'll give the talc a try. About the date on the tab, I thought that was normal. I have I 2nd pattern Luftwaffe with the same type Overhoff tab and a 1939 stamp.
    Last edited by kirby; 03-23-2017 at 02:17 AM. Reason: ...

?

Here is my example, had not looked at this set recently. I think the belt hook stamp is early Sieper. Belt has a nice Flak unit stamp but I cannot make out the additional square stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Overhoff Luftwaffe   A Overhoff Luftwaffe  

?

I have one just like is but a little more wear. The collection came with a nice brown 1938 LBA marked size 95 belt. I have a few tabbed LBA marked aluminum buckles. The one it came with isn't LBA marked and is to worn to keep.

?

Is interesting to note on the 1936 the 'OLC' diamond is near the top corner and on the 2nd pattern 1939 the diamond is centered on the reverse of the buckle.