Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt! Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt

Article about: Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just leave it as is. I don't want to risk destroying it. It's my first one, so I want to take care of it!

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just leave it as is. I don't want to risk destroying it. It's my first one, so I want to take care of it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt
    P
    Many

Really great set, "that look" really does it for me.

As far as old leather goes, if it really needs it, I've used Lexol for decades now, has never messed anything up, give it a few days to soak and dry off in if you've used a lot, start buffing it with a really soft old cotton tee shirt, and after a week or so, every scratch and original abrasion will be just as visible as it was when the item was found, leaving it in an virtually "untouched" state, but you've treated the leather, which is sometimes really needed.

Yes! No heroics on cleaning it up as stated. Keep it cool and away from sunlight. Handle sparingly. I too like to see nicely worn examples like this one. Enjoy! Now you can build a cool display around it by finding field gear and uniform pieces to compliment it. Stay focused on LW items and make a great display based around this veteran piece. NH

RZM
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Yes! No heroics on cleaning it up as stated. Keep it cool and away from sunlight. Handle sparingly. I too like to see nicely worn examples like this one. Enjoy! Now you can build a cool display around it by finding field gear and uniform pieces to compliment it. Stay focused on Luftwaffe items and make a great display based around this veteran piece. NH

Yea, the leather is already in great, stable condition. Leaving it alone would be the best thing for me to do. I just wanted to protect it with the future in mind.

I have already built up a neat collection around it, but not all Luftwaffe. It still looks pretty neat though! Three Luft pieces (buckles/belt) and two Heer (helmet and buckle). Most of the pieces came from the same guy, so they still go together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked Up My First Luftwaffe Belt!  Assmann Buckle & Gustav Vogel Belt  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2