Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prototype Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi all just wanted to post this, Mrs Evans has bought me this for my birthday (obviously hinted by me). It is a Luftewaffe buckle and belt. The buckle is in my eyes quite a rare beast indeed

Default Prototype Luftwaffe

Hi all just wanted to post this, Mrs Evans has bought me this for my birthday (obviously hinted by me). It is a Luftewaffe buckle and belt. The buckle is in my eyes quite a rare beast indeed, it is only one of two I have seen. (If anyone has one please post )When I first saw these buckles I thought it was a field repair of some sort until I saw a mint Postshutz that was once owned by Marc Verstraete. I cannot say for sure but for me the maker is Assmann, probably the biggest maker for experimenting with different types of catches, again if anyone knows different please let us know. The set came from a glider pilot in the Luftewaffe, the belt is in very good condition and as a bonus came with a maker marked "D" ring. If anyone wants any different angled pics just let me know

- - Updated - -

Belt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prototype Luftwaffe   Prototype Luftwaffe  

Prototype Luftwaffe   Prototype Luftwaffe  

Prototype Luftwaffe  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prototype Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default re: Prototype Luftwaffe

Awesome!
    First one i see!
    |<
    ps happy birthday!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ps happy birthday!
    Thanks (not till next week )
    Ben

?

Nice one Ben.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hi all just wanted to post this, Mrs Evans has bought me this for my birthday (obviously hinted by me). It is a Luftewaffe buckle and belt. The buckle is in my eyes quite a rare beast indeed, it is only one of two I have seen. (If anyone has one please post )When I first saw these buckles I thought it was a field repair of some sort until I saw a mint Postshutz that was once owned by Marc Verstraete. I cannot say for sure but for me the maker is Assmann, probably the biggest maker for experimenting with different types of catches, again if anyone knows different please let us know. The set came from a glider pilot in the Luftewaffe, the belt is in very good condition and as a bonus came with a maker marked "D" ring. If anyone wants any different angled pics just let me know :

- - Updated - -

Belt
    Hello Ben,

a realy intresting buckle . IMO your right in my eyes is also a Assmann experimentel catch .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Verry very nice and rare buckle
    Regards
    Iván

?

A great find. I have never come across one of these but I think Marc V posted one of these on WAF. Might be the rarest first pattern Luftwaffe.

Great buckle! I can imagine the "subtle hint" you gave your wife.....did you actually walk her over and put her hand on it while loudly shouting "I Want that!" to give her an idea? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lol I actually bought it for her and gave it to her to wrap up
    Ben

Nothing like being the Master of Subtlety...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast