Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle

Article about: OK, here are the rest of my Reichsmarine buckles. Comments as always welcome. Bill

Default Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle

This the first one of these I have ever encountered and it is a good one. I sent photos to Tom Reed and he was kind enough to give his blessing on it. A very early two piece Reichs marine EM buckle assembled with a WWI box with a brass face plate. There have been a number of 2 piece Reichsmarine buckles that are fakes. This is not. Comments are welcomed.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle   Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle  

Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle   Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle  

Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle   Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichscheer marine 2 piece buckle

Wow Bill a very early bird indeed, I think that is probably the third one I have ever seen, Sven Janke used to have one (may still have)
    Ben

A super and rare buckle Bill.

As you so correctly say, the buckle (one piece and two piece) is faked and it is of course a very desirable item for any collection.

No problems whatsoever with yours and yet again, we are seeing an Imperial box which has been converted to a later period use.

The two rings on the reverse of the box are very interesting and I have attached images of a buckle which displays something similar.

Regards,

David

Default Fake

Here are images of one of the "easier" to spot Reichsmarine fakes.

Regards,

David

Very nice buckle Bill! My example is the one piece stamped version! Looks like you got yourself a nice one! Congrats!

Rob

David, Ben, Rob,

Thanks for the kind words on this buckle. I almost passed on this buckle when I first saw it but the price was very reasonable and I believed it to be a good one after a second look. This is the first of it's kind I have ever seen and as you say and Reed said it is a very early one. I have two other one piece brass ones w/tabs as well as a nickel silver-smooth body with gold finish and the same type of catch that is on the brass ones. I also have two smooth steel buckles one in gray and the 2nd in black paint. Will be happy to show these if your interested.

thanks again.

Regards,

Bill

?

Quote by Buckle1 View Post
    I have two other one piece brass ones w/tabs as well as a nickel silver-smooth body with gold finish and the same type of catch that is on the brass ones. I also have two smooth steel buckles one in gray and the 2nd in black paint. Will be happy to show these if your interested.
    Yes, please do!!

Best regards, Kurt

?

It is absolutely not my intention to be the bogeyman again, but I fear some critical questions are necessary!

Bill, your two piece buckle is very unusual. I saw it also when it was advertised for sale and had to think over it a for long time. The box is surely an original piece, perhaps from a former Imperial buckle. The roundel itself looks also quite genuine. The type is exactly the same we know so well from Reichsmarine buckles made by Schmöle. By the way, I know only brass Reichsmarine buckles by Schmöle. But is there perhaps a chance that box and roundel were not original together all the time? Could the buckle be perhaps a piece of handicraft work?
    It is also hard to imagine for me that the Reichsmarine has introduced a two piece buckle for service. We know all that two piece military buckles were rejected since 1915/ 1916.

Bill, perhaps I am little bit to nervous in this matter, but isn't it better to have a discussion instaed of a general adulation?

Best regards,
    Guido

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast